Tommy Stevens: How Do you like the pick? (1 Viewer)

Tommy Stevens: How do you like the pick?

• Love it

Votes: 60 23.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 72 28.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 95 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He ran a 4.49. He's plenty fast, had a great 3 cone too. I didn't even think about him being a Taysom utility replacement until I saw this thread. I think he'd be perfect for it though. He's got the size, speed and strength. He'd also be learning either position from scratch (QB/TE).

Apparently the Saints called him during the stay at home order and asked him to video himself running some routes and send the video to them.

We drafted him as a TE / Wing not a QB

I think they drafted him thinking that he can play the H-Back role and run some of the read option plays that Hill runs. Then just see if he develops as a QB. I mean all it cost was a 6th round pick next year. If he works great. If not, meh.

Would have much rather had Anthony Gordon. Don’t know anything about this guy

The pick is fine. I mainly don’t like giving up a future pick, but we knew it was coming. I don’t know if this guy will stick, but if Payton sees something to work with, it’s worth a shot.

Likely picked to develop into Taysom Hill type position for when Taysom Hill becomes the starter at QB..I believe Sean Payton believes he's on to something

The more I think about this pick the more I think about former Jacksonville Jaguar 1st rd pick Matt Jones. He was a quarterback at Arkansas but he was asked to play wide receiver (and at 6’6 with the ability to run a 4.39 40 who would blame them) the Jags thought that they had the next Randy Moss (to team up with their other bust wide receiver Reggie Williams). Unfortunately substance abuse got the best out of him and it didn’t pan out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom