Tommy Stevens signed to Panthers PS as a QB (1 Viewer)

I only laugh because the Panthers were so hot for him, then it turns out they arent sure how to utilize him. Believe me you, Payton sure could use him as an offensive option. Get him a year of tutelage in the Saints offensive system he could very well be the new swiss army knife.

This year i could see him doing with what Taysom started out as, a special teamer, occasional rusher and on rare occasions line up as a TE. I doubt he would get any action under center, but you cant count him out of being used for a sneak pass.
I'd agree if Tommy Stevens was a good athlete but he isn't. It was a bad pick then and it would be a bad pick up now.

I think teams are figuring out that finding a "Tayom" isn't as easy as it seems.

Stevens is not the player people think he is and it shows how talented a football player Hill is. You cant duplicate the kind of player Hill is, Teams are better off just drafting/signing players to the position they need help on.

To me Hill is not the player he is hyped up to be, as soon as Teams keyed in on him he was less effective in that swiss army knife role, but he has the speed and toughness to get open in routes considering M. Thomas, Saunders, TQS, Calloway, Cook, Kamara, Trautman, etc were also out on the field being considered as primary threats tot he opposing defenses.

I'd agree if Tommy Stevens was a good athlete but he isn't. It was a bad pick then and it would be a bad pick up now.
Agreed

Didn't he have some ridiculous pro day before the 2020 draft?
Yes, at his training facility with a notoriously fast surface. It was a 4.5 40 but if he had run at the combine it would have been around a 4.65. Still good measurables for his size but it's less eye popping and more in line with his game tape. Hard to get too upset when we "waste" a 7th round pick.

Call me crazy, but Stevens looked decent when the Panthers used him against the Saints in the regular season finale. He was a tough runner and looked...? He made me nervous is all I can say. Maybe that’s just being a long time Saints fan, or maybe he actually flashed a little...

...and that’s with the Panthers not really knowing WTH they’re doing with him.

For a Saints team potentially moving Taysom Hill into a more “featured” role in the offense (whatever that may be), and a TE depth chart with Trautman, Vannett, and 2 scratch-off lottery tickets, I’d be all for bringing Stevens back...!
He’s an athlete, and he could be a Dollar Store Taysom., or maybe more. I’d take him back for sure... if he’s willing to go back to “TE”
I wouldn’t. Stevens was just a pawn in the game for SP giving Joe Brady a “welcome to the NFL” moment. That guy was never going to make our roster. Think about it. Why would we place a bootleg generic version of a player on our roster, when we already had the original OG Taysom? That’s the kind of stuff that I love and hate about SP. I love his mind games, but I hate that he uses them in ways like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom