Tommylee Lewis - he's back (1 Viewer)

Let's not overreact to an obvious expendable camp body signing. Saints have to have 100 for training camp. Only 53 make the final roster and 10 for the practice squad. 37 players have to get cut.

TLL knows the terminology so coaches don't need to spend as much time getting him up to speed, and he will get extra reps returning kicks because why would the Saints risk the most dynamic kick returner in the NFL in the pre-season.

He's the definition of expendable. He's Andy Tanner. I know he is getting cut, you know he is getting cut, he knows he is getting cut. But he gets a nice paycheck to run around and play in camp.

I like the decision to bring him to camp. He can take the top off the defense. You don't even have to throw him the ball.
And, remember, this is a Parcells guy.

someone needs to tell him:

Every single time you're knocked to the ground you lay there for 5 full seconds, and it wouldn't hurt to grab your head too

Agreed.

And what else was weird about that sequence is that it seemed like he didn't even know he was interfered with until he saw the reaction on the sideline. Dude got up like absolutely nothing just happened, started jogging back to the huddle, then after seeing/hearing the reactions, started acting like he didn't understand why there was no flag. Just no field awareness whatsoever.

897.gif

My best guess: he's a decent guy, and Payton is doing him a solid by keeping him around (at least through OTAs) so he can keep working out and his agent can keep shopping him. This is generally an organization that takes care of its own. I don't think this moves the needle a ton, and none of us should either.

Are we already Losing for Lawrence?

I wasn't aware that players under contract with the XFL could just up and leave to play in the NFL. Does this mean we won't see him during the new XFL season?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom