TommyLee Lewis or Cadet as the Sproles role? (1 Viewer)

It might be a result of the o-line giving Brees enough time, and it is certainly a part of it, but to me, I think the Drew has enough quality weapons to stretch the field now. Cooks and Snead alone are getting open enough. Their dominance will open Thomas and Fleener.

We saw Ingram, Hightower and Cadet. With them on the field, the threat to run is always possible. This keeps Drew focused on downfield plays and not relying on his pacifier scat back. When he does need a check-down, the defense isn't spying these guys as heavily as they would if Spiller or the like are out there. Lasco is another hard runner and it seems to me they are leaning toward these guys and changing their plan of attack.

If anything I wrote is actually true, I think it has the potential to improve the run game and disguise our plays/formations better. That might be what we saw vs Oakland on Sunday.

Not a absurd idea but Cadet has mutliple years of development In pass pro,,so if Lewis is back there you can't audible and adjust pass protection. So if defense shows a unfavorable look. Your kinda stuck or have to burn a timeout

Not a absurd idea but Cadet has mutliple years of development In pass pro,,so if Lewis is back there you can't audible and adjust pass protection. So if defense shows a unfavorable look. Your kinda stuck or have to burn a timeout

Guess you can always audible to a quick screen to Lewis or to a run play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom