Tons of Taysom? (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
if both AK and Cook sit this weekend, i don't see how coach can avoid using plenty of Taysom
and all of Taysom
I could see him lining up at TE and Teddy taking a shot up the seam early just to send a signal (not really expecting to make that play)
i think you also get him a few of Josh Hill's TE screens

not sure if i've ever seen SP call it, but i think an actual RPO - it might be a way to pull coverage off MT, but you have to figure he'll have 7 or 8 defenders on him every play

i think we should also set him in the backfield several plays (maybe on some of the screens) - but since Bears are kinda suspect up the middle, is it crazy to run Taysom out of power I?

I was thinking the same thing.... If Brees is a week or 2 away from returning (like reports suggest)... then using Taysom more liberally might be the plan this week with AK and Cook likely being out... Giving Taysom more touches now is less of a risk if Brees is coming back soon.

I mean, what other choices do we have really... 3 of the top 5 skill players on our offense are out or likely not to play... (Brees, AK, Cook)

At worst we have to be able to sustain drives on offense so our defense doesn't get gassed...

That means a lot of Taysom and Murray IMO... because I can't see the Bears coming into this game without a plan to triple team MT13 if those other guys don't play.

Payton is on record the use of Taysom on offense has decreased because he is the back up QB now.
You can’t risk injury and TH only knows one speed, ramming speed.
right i hadn't said that part
but i think us being closer to drew's actual return plays into this as well
SP doesn't need to be as guarded as he has been

right i hadn't said that part
but i think us being closer to drew's actual return plays into this as well
SP doesn't need to be as guarded as he has been
Drew saying he can now completely grip an NFL sized football is a big sign that his return is going to be sooner than later. I like your idea of tons of Taysom. And just the way it rolls off the tongue too. Maybe bring up JT Barrett to the active roster on game day in order to use tons of Taysom while Brees, Kamara and Cook are out.

Drew saying he can now completely grip an NFL sized football is a big sign that his return is going to be sooner than later. I like your idea of tons of Taysom. And just the way it rolls off the tongue too. Maybe bring up JT Barrett to the active roster on game day in order to use tons of Taysom while Brees, Kamara and Cook are out.
yeah, i was wondering if we last minute do this
can we call someone up on Saturday?

yeah, i was wondering if we last minute do this
can we call someone up on Saturday?
I don't know the rules on that but I don't see why not. Then again, the NFL has a lot of things I don't understand. Like having a 53 man roster but having to make guys inactive on game day.

Another thing I think we'll see besides (hopefully) tons of Taysom is a lot more of Murray. He had a TD called back on a screen pass where CGM got called for holding and really ran with some power in the second half whenever his number was called. We signed him to replace Ingram but haven't given him anything close to the carries we gave Ingram, which is what helped make AK so effective and kept him healthy. We're seeing the effects of the increased workload on AK and shouldn't keep using him as a feature back anymore because of it.

Keep in mind I believe Kamara is our 4th string qb.

Not going to happen.

Or it is going to happen

tenor.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom