Article Tony Gonzalez calls Drew Brees the GOAT (2 Viewers)

Please stop calling Tony Gonzalez a falcon. He's not a falcon. He's a Chief. He just happened to play a few games for the falcons toward the end of his career.

Funny, I was just told by a co-worker today that Tony Romo holds that record....yeah, he's a so called " cowboy fan" too...??
I was mistaken. It's actually...
1. Manning (54)
2. Marino (47)
3. Brees (43)

When people talk about the greatest WR in history it’s unanimously Jerry Rice because of his stats and longevity.

Not everyone, You can make a very good argument for Don Hutson. He dominated his era more than Rice did his.

Not everyone, You can make a very good argument for Don Hutson. He dominated his era more than Rice did his.

I’m lookin at his stats and don’t see anything breathtaking. He had good TD numbers but averaged 750-800 yards per season

Gonzo had to watch Brees twice a year at the end of his career. The falcons know what it means to see 9 across the sidelines. Even the people who claim being falcon fans give the man props.
Heck, even jalen ramsey gave him props in his an rankings:
“I’m a fan of Drew Brees. I think Drew Brees really good, even at this age. He still runs. Everything.”

I’m lookin at his stats and don’t see anything breathtaking. He had good TD numbers but averaged 750-800 yards per season

• Most seasons led league, scoring: 5*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, scoring: 5*
  • Most touchdowns scored in a quarter: 4*
  • Most touchdown receptions in a quarter: 4*
  • Most points scored in a quarter: 29*[39][1]
  • Most seasons led league, touchdowns: 8*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, touchdowns: 4*
  • Most seasons led league, receiving touchdowns: 9*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, receiving touchdowns: 5*
  • Most seasons led league, receptions: 8*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, receptions: 5*
  • Most seasons led league, receiving yards: 7*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, receiving yards: 4*
These are still NFL records. Hutson retired in 1945. You can only judge a player from the era they played in. The player should never have to apologize for it. He has no control over future rule changes.

Fwiw, Rice holds 14 NFL records,Hutson 13.

Last edited:
The Swimmer thinks he's the GOAT. Coach Pete thinks He's the GOAT. My dog Rosie, picture left, thinks Brees is the GOAT. A few million Who Dats know he's the GOAT.

What other credibility is needed - lmao

btw: That is officially, Her Highness Queen Rosie for future reference. Bring her doggie treats and she will keep the Who Dat Kingdom safe. She also loves chicken gumbo, jambalaya, dirty rice and all types of fish.

Last edited:
The negativity towards Brees isn't about stats. It is clearly about wins.
This is absolutely correct.

In fact in many ways Brees is Philip Rivers with a Super Bowl ring. Very similar winning percentages and lack of playoff success (with the very notable exception being the Super Bowl run).

Please stop calling Tony Gonzalez a falcon. He's not a falcon. He's a Chief. He just happened to play a few games for the falcons toward the end of his career.
Yes he played the majority of his career with the Chiefs, but it was actually 5 full very productive years with the Falcons. Not just a 'few games'.

• Most seasons led league, scoring: 5*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, scoring: 5*
  • Most touchdowns scored in a quarter: 4*
  • Most touchdown receptions in a quarter: 4*
  • Most points scored in a quarter: 29*[39][1]
  • Most seasons led league, touchdowns: 8*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, touchdowns: 4*
  • Most seasons led league, receiving touchdowns: 9*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, receiving touchdowns: 5*
  • Most seasons led league, receptions: 8*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, receptions: 5*
  • Most seasons led league, receiving yards: 7*
  • Most consecutive seasons led league, receiving yards: 4*
These are still NFL records. Hutson retired in 1945. You can only judge a player from the era they played in. The player should never have to apologize for it. He has no control over future rule changes.

Fwiw, Rice holds 14 NFL records,Hutson 13.
Four touchdowns in one quarter. Good luck breaking that one. :wow:

The media are the ones who don't give any respect to Brees. But I would think the majority of NFL players (Brady, Rodgers etc) recognize Drew's greatness. I think the reason Drew isn't talked about as one of the goat's is because he is low key, and his team hasn't exactly been a SB contender lately ( Up until 2017). There's also this BS theory that he only gets the numbers he does because of Payton's system. Baloney. No QB throws for 5,000 yards five times, or is a perennial pro bowl QB on the system alone. It doesn't matter. Let the haters hate. I know I've been watching greatness for 13 seasons. And we know that him and Payton saved football in New Orleans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom