Tony Gonzalez retirement closer to 50/50 (1 Viewer)

Tony G = Brett Favre. He has been talking about retirement for five years now. Sick of this guy

So does this mean I can bet even money somewhere that he'll retire? If so, someone PM me a link.

31949d1318529016-tim-tebow-start-broncos-%40-miami-images-jpeg

part deux

I am not worried about it. It is a slippery slop when you get to that age. He takes good care of himself but if his heart is not all the way in it, his production will fall, nagging injuries and what not.

Come on, dude. Hang it up.

He wants to. It just that the Falcon's management wont leave him the hell alone. They are essentially on their knees begging for him to stay. It's embarrassing really. They are behaving like a teenage girl going through a messy breakup.

I think he will come back to try to get a ring. But I also think, as someone who respects the Falcons organization, that he will regret returning for another year.

Because of the comeptitive balance in the division, NFC South champions do not often repeat. These are the reasons that I think Gonzalez should retire--unless a primary reason for his coming back is simply money:

1. The NFC South will be a tougher division. Payton is back with the Saints. Tampa and Carolina both will likely be better.

2. Atlanta's schedule will be tougher.

3. Atlanta now has its own cap issues, and has to negotiate with Ryan, a potential distraction, and other free agents of value.

4. Atlanta is drafting late.

5. Atlanta overall stayed very healthy and saw the ball repeatedly bounce its way in 2012. We know from 2009 what that is like. The odds are that Atlanta will have more injuries and get fewer good bounces in 2013.

Always had an inkling that he'd play another year, and I think he will. Main reason is because there has not been a dip in his production. He is still an elite talent. The guy is the Dick Clark of the NFL.

I'm hoping he hangs it up, for the fact that he's been Matt Ryan's crutch for far too long and I want to see if Mr. Ice melts when he loses his safety valve.

It seems that the likelyhood of them returning to the NFC title game are relatively low, as mentioned before in this thread. The Saints will be geared up to werak havoc, as mentioned Carolina and Tampa will be better, also Green Bay, San Fran and Seattle are reurning a pretty solid nucleus of talent. Heck, teams like St. Louis and Washington will possibly see gains in their respective divisions.
The NFC will be better overall and it just seems like whoever makes it out of the conference is going to have to grind. I just don't see how Gonzalez will want to roll back into so much uncertainty.

If Gonzo retires, then they will trade away 3 more future 1st round picks for a new TE?

I hope so!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom