Tony Sparano to the Dolphins (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know PFT is reporting a rumor via http://www.nhregister.com/WebApp/ap....content=/MAIN_REP/Article/2008/01/05/1373966 that Sparano has a deal with the Cowboys.

I've learned independently that David Lee, who was set to become the OC at Ole Miss, has been contacted (and accepted) a position with Sparano to coach at Miami as well, which pretty much confirms the rumor (if it needed further confirmation).

Bill still has yet to conduct his minority interview however.

Never heard of him.

Sparano is/was the offensive line coach for Dallas and the guy Sean Payton originally wanted as his Offensive Coordinator here. David Lee was an offensive assistent and then quarterbacks coach in Dallas before becoming an offensive coordinator at Arkansas last season.

The rumors were initially denied. I think mostly because it would be in violation of the NFL rules that requires at least one minority candidate to be interviewed and they have an interview set up tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if it was true though....

The rumors were initially denied. I think mostly because it would be in violation of the NFL rules that requires at least one minority candidate to be interviewed and they have an interview set up tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if it was true though....

Yeah, I wonder if Sparano's loose lips might sink the deal in the end.

But he's sure acting like it's a done deal, that's for sure.

well, the ireland move hurt dallas bigtime...losing sparano hurts, but garrett is still around...and as long as jj can get back hudson houck (oline coach who used to be in dallas, and had been in miami before not being retained last week), then im a happier person..

Last edited:
The Dolphins can interview coaches from teams still playing as long as it's for a promotion but they cannot hire anyone until the playoffs are done -- that's why Sparano hasn't been hired yet.

That being said, yeah I'm pretty sure the deal is already done. There are rumors of other coaches being considered (Gregg Williams being the most recent) but that's just to make things look on the up and up.

Parcells strategy is so tired. Hire coaches/GMs that you have worked with before. Bring in players that you have coached before. I understand it to the point, but it is way overdone with him. The act was so lame for him in Dallas...the teams always underacheived. With Ireland and Sporano he shows he is at it again. Guess he was so encouraged by Testeverde's time in Carolina this season that he feels he can give it one more go. Maybe Curtis Martin has one more in him.

I know PFT is reporting a rumor via http://www.nhregister.com/WebApp/ap....content=/MAIN_REP/Article/2008/01/05/1373966 that Sparano has a deal with the Cowboys.

I've learned independently that David Lee, who was set to become the OC at Ole Miss, has been contacted (and accepted) a position with Sparano to coach at Miami as well, which pretty much confirms the rumor (if it needed further confirmation).

Bill still has yet to conduct his minority interview however.

I called it...

One of the Dallas coordinators will coach the team... probably Sporano (sp?)... Garrett isn't a "Parcells guy". He may just bring both of them on board and serve as "Assistant HC".

Wait a minute... didn't Garrett play for Parcells as a backup QB in his day with the Giants? or was that after Parcells left?

Parcells is really taking control. Quite the opposite of what he said on ESPN radio the week he took the job. He basically said all decisions will go through the respective outlets and he won't be strong arming the operation including firings and draft picks. Now he fires the GM and Coach and the media are saying he might install his 3-4 system and he isn't even the coach.

I thought they ran the 3/4 now... :shrug:

With Taylor and porter as the OLBs?

Parcells sticks with "his" guys...

Payton tried to get Sporano here at O coordinator but was refused the right to interview him. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom