Too bad the NFL didn't punish NE for Spygate in a more efficient manner: (1 Viewer)

Rum

All-Pro
Reaction score
Too bad the NFL didn't punish NE for Spygate in a more efficient manner: Forfeit their HIGHEST #1 pick (since they had 2 at the time). We'd be picking 10th, but in reality 9th--would have really opened up the options. ;)

REVISED 1st round draft order...

1 Miami Dolphins
2 St. Louis Rams
3 Atlanta Falcons
4 Oakland Raiders
5 Kansas City Chiefs
6 New York Jets
7 New England Patriots (from 49ers) FORFEITED
8 Baltimore Ravens
9 Cincinnati Bengals
10 New Orleans Saints
11 Buffalo Bills
12 Denver Broncos
13 Carolina Panthers
14 Chicago Bears
15 Detroit Lions
16 Arizona Cardinals
17 Minnesota Vikings
18 Houston Texans
19 Philadelphia Eagles
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
21 Washington Redskins
22 Dallas Cowboys (from Browns)
23 Pittsburgh Steelers
24 Tennessee Titans
25 Seattle Seahawks
26 Jacksonville Jaguars
27 San Diego Chargers
28 Dallas Cowboys
29 San Francisco 49ers (from Ind.)
30 Green Bay Packers
31 New England Patriots
32 New York Giants

Wonder how that would change the draft?

they traded for that pick....it would have been completely unfair for the NFL to take that away

Yawwwwwnnnnnnnnn.......

If you don't think a 2 million dollar fine and a 1st round draft pick is a big deal, then WHAAAA??????????

how can they take the 49er's pick?? it's not theres to take...they traded for it fair and square, the trade would have to be called off if they lost that pick and since it happened last year, makes that a lil difficult....

I hate the Pat's but come on... a 1st round pick in the NFL is the most important thing you can have!! you can't take something they were smart enough to trade for....

they traded for that pick....it would have been completely unfair for the NFL to take that away

Agreed. Exactly why they didn't take the higher pick away.

The Pats got the harshest penalty ever given I believe. Even if it's not really enough, I don't have a problem with the penalty they got. If they get caught with more violations that are even more impacting, then they should get smacked even harder. Particularly Belicheck.

(I think they have a history of cheating and Specter confirmed they have been doing this video tape thing since 2001)

sorta like the pats cheating gave them a completely unfair advantage? ;)

Just killing time on a slow monday, while waiting for the DirecTV guys to show up..

Actually they had the pick, how they got it is not important. If the IRS wants 1,000 dollars from me and I have it, how I got it doesn't matter. Once the deal was done now that pick is their assest to do with as they choose. It should also be available for any penalties that are imposed.

Actually they had the pick, how they got it is not important. If the IRS wants 1,000 dollars from me and I have it, how I got it doesn't matter. Once the deal was done now that pick is their assest to do with as they choose. It should also be available for any penalties that are imposed.

I agree that the NFL had a right to take it and probably could have. But I don't think that it should have been taken away from them. I think that the punishment fit the crime.

Also, I think that the only reason that they had a first round pick taken away from them is because the commish saw that the Pats had two first round picks. If they didn't, I don't think that the commish would have taken away a pick, at least not a first rounder. I think it was the perfect opportunity for the commish to show how strict he would be without hamstringing the Pats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom