Too cute to correct (kids) (2 Viewers)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
My wife works early so I spend most mornings with my daughter. Every day I walk into her room and tell her good morning as I reach to lift her out of the crib. Last week, she did the sweetest thing and greeted me with a big ol' "Good morning Dad!". It was awesome. She even said it a few times. I told my parents, my wife, etc.

That evening, during the bed time routine, we say good night or bye bye to all her favorite things. Good night mom. Bye bye deer. Bye bye bear. Good night dog. The list goes on. Before we lay her down she turns to me and says...."Good morning Dad!"

So...what are some of yours?

My wife works early so I spend most mornings with my daughter. Every day I walk into her room and tell her good morning as I reach to lift her out of the crib. Last week, she did the sweetest thing and greeted me with a big ol' "Good morning Dad!". It was awesome. She even said it a few times. I told my parents, my wife, etc.

That evening, during the bed time routine, we say good night or bye bye to all her favorite things. Good night mom. Bye bye deer. Bye bye bear. Good night dog. The list goes on. Before we lay her down she turns to me and says...."Good morning Dad!"

So...what are some of yours?

The sound of the little red-haired girl's butt hitting the ground after climbing out of her crib followed by the scampering sounds of her running from her room to ours and then ultimately launching herself from the foot table onto us every morning from about 8 months until she stopped falling when she landed.

And the giggling the whole way.

Last edited:
My daughters (6 and 4) love horses, unicorns, etc. My older daughter has always called pegasus a "peg-a-kus" - I have told her a few times that it's actually pegasus but it never stuck, she still calls it pegakus. And now my younger daughter says pegakus too because when they play together that's what my older daughter calls it. There's something cute about how it sounds so I just smile when they say it. My four-year old asked me if Santa could make her a pegakus.

I also remember how when my older daughter was learning to talk, she started calling swings (like on a swing set) a "woo-woo" because when we would swing her, we would go "wooooo!" So she would want to go on the 'woo woo' and so we started calling it that too. Eventually entire playgrounds were just referred to as "the woo woo". But I remember one day when my daughter was a bit older, maybe 3 years old, and we were at this place eating outside (and there was a swing set there). There was another family near us with a little girl and they started playing, and my daughter said to the other girl, "let's go on the woo woo!" And the girl was like "huh?"

It was kind of a reflective moment for me, one of those where your heart breaks just a tiny bit because you know they're getting older - they're going to interact more and more with the world and everything in it. In our little family world, it was cute and fun and entirely appropriate to call it a woo-woo. But the world has its nomenclature and its conventions, and that's the reality they're going to live in.

My daughter had a weird way of conjugating "to be." Instead of saying "My big brother always is nice to me," she'd say "My big brother always bees nice to me."

She would also occasionally throw in these really y'atty pronunciations of random words every now and then, and coming from a toddler, it always sounded hilarious.

She's dropped most of these habits, but that's good because it's a lot less cute from a 2nd grader than it is from a kindergartner.

Last edited:
There have been a lot of these over the years, but my middle child used the contraction “amn’t” for the longest time. My wife and I especially loved that one for some reason.

Last edited:
Here's a new one that can be filed under 'you might live below sea level if...'

Our little girl has this song she likes that's in a couple of forms of either walking in the forest or walking in the jungle. We are going to Montana next week so we've been showing her pictures of mountains in addition to the art we have in her bedroom. We've made the song into 'walking in the mountains' in hopes of sorta planting the seed of excitement.

Well a couple of days ago my wife picked her up from school and took her for a walk on the levee to check out the river. Of course she started exclaiming that they were walking on the mountain. Haha. Poor kid's mind is gonna get blown in glacier national Park.

My kids are 18 months apart and every day when I came home from work during their toddler years, they would both run up to me and attack me with hugs and kisses as soon as I walked through the door. I loved it; well, except for one little part. My daughter was all girl, so gentle and sweet - no issues. My son, was all boy and had a tendency to knee me in the nads while trying to kiss me. Ouch. Both would yell out - “we missing you, daddy!”
Now, at ages 14 and 15, I still get the hugs and kisses, but the kick to the nads now comes in the form of emptying my wallet. :covri:

When my daughter was a toddler, we would put her to bed and spend a little time watching non-child TV before going to bed ourselves. Sometimes our daughter would slip out of bed and "sneak" into the living room to be with us. By "sneak" of course I mean that she would toddle into the living room with her hands over her eyes so we didn't "see" her sneaking in.

Last edited:
My little guy is two, three in a week.

He somehow picked up the phrase, "Wait a minute" early on and kept using it before everything. Except he couldn't quite pronounce "minute", so it was like one minute he couldn't speak, and the next it was, "Wait a migute! It not naptime!" "Wait a migute! Where my car?" "Wait a migute! I want milk!" "Wait a migute! I need my chef hat and glove!"

He introduces himself to checkout assistants, and then introduces me and my wife as well. "...and this is my lovely daddy and this is my lovely mummy." I have no idea where he's got this from, but I'm not going to tell him he doesn't need to introduce us all to checkout assistants.

He also says, "I want to do it ON MY SELF" a lot.

And he sometimes steals my phone, goes and sits where I sit on the sofa, and says, "Now I'm the daddy!" That one I did try to correct, I told him being daddy involved more than sitting on the sofa with a phone, but he's not buying it.

Too many to count from all of our kids. As a family we thrive on humor so we laugh every day about something and find the humor in most situations.....even if the humor isn't there immediately. Haha

Took the kids to Chicago this spring. Had to get an Uber XL since there's 5 of us. Got stuck in traffic in said Uber waiting for a bridge to raise. The 2 boys were in 3rd row, wife/daughter in back seat, and lucky me stuck up front with driver. I start hearing laughing in the 3rd row from the boys then my 6 yr old hollers out "I farted" and is laughing uncontrollably. The Uber driver never said a word or looked over at me....he just rolled down all the windows haha. At the time I was embarrassed but since then I laugh every time I think about it.

Ok, I got one. Our toddler just turned two and has learned how to hurdle out of the crib. So, she was leaving her room at all hours and waking us up. I took decisive action. I lowered her crib mattress to the floor this week and put up a gate at the door to her bedroom. Surely, I had her beat. Well, after a bit of silence, things were looking good until I turned around in the downstairs kitchen to see our daughter. I asked her, why why, did you get up??? Her response: “to say”....”I’m sleepy”.

My son (almost 2) says "2 minutes" every time we tell him its time for bed, to eat, to go or anything else that would interrupt whatever he is doing.
He points to every "mom aged" or "dad aged" person in a store and calls them mommy or daddy (same for grandma or grandpa).
If anyone is wearing a hat, he will let you know. I don't know who told him he was on infinite hat patrol, but he is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom