Too good to be true? (1 Viewer)

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ad+3ko+randle is the recipe for the 4th seed. This team is a juggernaut.

I honestly don’t see why we can’t be the 2 seed. Are we that far behind Houston, LA, or Utah? I would put our lineup against theirs any day of the week. I know it’s wishful thinking, but at this point, the 4 seed should be our floor as opposed to our ceiling.

I honestly don’t see why we can’t be the 2 seed. Are we that far behind Houston, LA, or Utah? I would put our lineup against theirs any day of the week. I know it’s wishful thinking, but at this point, the 4 seed should be our floor as opposed to our ceiling.
I was thinking like you.
How can someone automatically anticipate that the Pels are going to fall back from those 'other' teams? I mean, I didn't see anything 'flukey' about these first two games. True it's probably best to hold back from expecting too much at this early stage of the season, but I know that personally if the Pels are playing this well when they play the Jazz and Warriors, I'm going to start highly anticipating one of those top seeds.

I know there's a loooooong way to go, but something tells me this is going to be a season worth watching! :9:
:cheer:

Reasons to be cautious about the Pels start:

1/ It's only 2 games into an 82-game regular season

2/ Can anyone on the team play defense?

3/ Haven't had any close games down the stretch to judge performance on.

4/ Can that frantic pace up and down the court be maintained?

That said... this team does look legit so far. With 3 more home games coming up before they go back out on the road (next one against the Clippers Tuesday), they have a chance to get off to a really great start.

It's only 2 games, but I'm hopeful since this is a new feeling!

BTW, did anybody see that idiot announcer on the LSU/MS game saying that the Lakers would be the #4 seed?

The Lakers aren't going anywhere!!

The Rockets won't be one of the top seeds either. They underestimated Ariza's worth and they have zero defense and no outside shooting besides Harden and Paul.

Reasons to be cautious about the Pels start:
2/ Can anyone on the team play defense?

Giving up a lot of points when you are scoring a lot of points is not the same as not being able to play defense. It means the pace of the game just provides more opportunities. There are adjusted stats that are for more true to how well the team is playing instead of just points allowed.

Saying that, it seems Niko is struggling some on defense, which is fine if he is scoring 30 a night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom