Too many 49ers fans today (1 Viewer)

I can appreciate how some were disappointed to see such a well traveled fan base but that’s Loudest and longest I’ve ever heard the Superdome in a regular season game ever minus the Katrina game. Saints fans did their part.

I can appreciate how some were disappointed to see such a well traveled fan base but that’s Loudest and longest I’ve ever heard the Superdome in a regular season game ever minus the Katrina game. Saints fans did their
I can appreciate how some were disappointed to see such a well traveled fan base but that’s Loudest and longest I’ve ever heard the Superdome in a regular season game ever minus the Katrina game. Saints fans did their part.

Not the point of my original post. Something has to be done about the TICKET BROKERS. I am not talking about the season ticket holder that is trying to make some extra money to buy some Christmas presents for his/her kids. The ticket brokers are the issue here and some teams have been able to combat that issue by monitoring the secondary purchase websites to see who ALWAYS sells their tickets. If they can prove it, they take their season tickets away and more tickets for the people on the waiting list.

My guess would be 8,000 to 13,000. The 49er red stands out so the number may not be as high as some think. But still too many.
This, at absolute best I’d give them 15,000. Not one person more than that. That would be at 21.4% of 70,000 and still 4 Saints fans to every 1 49ers fan.

It was basically the same as when we played the Steelers last year.
Steeler definitely seemed to have more, they just blended in far better with our fans wearing black. It was their yellow snot rags that really painted the picture to how many of them were there.

Steeler fans were also way louder.

I would guess a 60/40 split on saints fans to 9ers. We had a couple of obnoxious ones in our section that were in our face about every play.
As others have said, not even close. If it was 60/40 then we would’ve had communication problems pre-Snap on offense. We didn’t and it wasn’t.

I disagree. It was loud in our section from the visitors
It was barely perceivable and nearly inaudible from the home sideline.

Sugercoat it however you want there were a ton of red in the stands and not just behind the visitor bench and their presence was heard clearly on the broadcast. Blame ticket brokers but clearly the one thing fans can control we neglected hold up our part for some extra Christmas money. Disappointing to see so much red in a 10-2 teams home stadium.

Sugercoat it however you want there were a ton of red in the stands and not just behind the visitor bench and their presence was heard clearly on the broadcast. Blame ticket brokers but clearly the one thing fans can control we neglected hold up our part for some extra Christmas money. Disappointing to see so much red in a 10-2 teams home stadium.
You do know there are these things called audio mixers, right? It’s connected to those microphones you see in the stands and they can raise and lower the volume of what those microphones pick up as they see fit and/or please.

The same reason why the Dome can be absolutely rocking, yet the broadcasters can be heard crystal clear with barely any crowd noise in the background and then people run on here and ask, “wHy WeReN’t Y’aLL LoUdER, wE cOuLdN’t hEaR Y’aLL oN tHe BrOaDcAsT!”

The 49ers fans in attendance today were not considerable louder than any other fanbase that has come to the Dome the last few years. Steelers fans in 2018 and Seahawks/Broncos/Raiders fans in 2016 were all louder than the 49ers fans were today.

You do know there are these things called audio mixers, right? It’s connected to those microphones you see in the stands and they can raise and lower the volume of what those microphones pick up as they see fit and/or please.

The same reason why the Dome can be absolutely rocking, yet the broadcasters can be heard crystal clear with barely any crowd noise in the background and then people run on here and ask, “wHy WeReN’t Y’aLL LoUdER, wE cOuLdN’t hEaR Y’aLL oN tHe BrOaDcAsT!”

The 49ers fans in attendance today were not considerable louder than any other fanbase that has come to the Dome the last few years. Steelers fans in 2018 and Seahawks/Broncos/Raiders fans in 2016 were all louder than the 49ers fans were today.
So they just added in all the red clearly seen on wideshot angles with Photoshop. Maybe they did mess with the audio but clearly the crowd could be heard. When they made a first down, chanting players names, when we were in offense. Stick your head in the sand, blame the broadcast, the NFL the refs whatever you need to do but we got called out by one of their players. Sadly he was right. May not have been 50/50 but they had a darn going showing in our house. That is undeniable.

So they just added in all the red clearly seen on wideshot angles with Photoshop. Maybe they did mess with the audio but clearly the crowd could be heard. When they made a first down, chanting players names, when we were in offense. Stick your head in the sand, blame the broadcast, the NFL the refs whatever you need to do but we got called out by one of their players. Sadly he was right. May not have been 50/50 but they had a darn going showing in our house. That is undeniable.
When the Niners fullback caught that pass - it made me cringe hearing how loud those fans got on TV.

All the back and forth about whether there were more Steeler fans than 49er fans misses the point. The point is that there were a ton of 49er fans in the stands for a critical playoff seeding game because a bunch of Saints season ticket holders sold their tickets to allow it to happen.

I understand the whole “some people need to sell their tickets to afford them” argument — I don’t agree with it , especially for people who are in the more expensive loge and plaza seating —- but I understand it. But it’s total b.s. to do it for such an important game when there are thousands and thousands on the waiting list. Sell them for out of conference games if you have to, but not critical games.

Not sugarcoating anything. I was there, and the presence of thousands of visiting-team fans detracts from the game-day experience. I cannot imagine having season tickets in the plaza on the visiting team's side unless I were in the hospitality industry and wanted to pass out business cards.

But the NFL with Ticket Exchange promotes the easy resale of tickets to visiting-team fans. Now a few teams like Denver have taken action against season-ticket holders who frequently sell their tickets.

As far as yesterday's game, if every 5th fan were a 49er fan, they had 14,600 fans. They didn't have that many. If every 6th fan were a 49er fan, roughly 12,000. If every 7th fan were a 49er fan, roughly 10,400.

My last impression is that our team colors stink. Red simply pops in a stadium whereas black fades. Black is a great color for formal wear for men and evening dresses for ladies. But for sports teams, give me red or orange or blue or purple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom