Too many CB's ? What should Saints do? (1 Viewer)

Too many CB's? We release one guy (Patrick) and sign another (Lewis), we've got the same as we had before. :idunno:

CB is one position that you always want to keep stocked up and talented. In other words, keep all of our guys. The NFL is a passing league, we'll need them.

I say when we sign Nnamdi, trade P-Rob for a 3rd and then resign Tracy Porter. We'd have 4 starting caliber CB's. Maybe bring Mack back and we still have White. That would give us 6 CB's plus ones on practice squad and I'm sure they'll bring in some RFA before training camp.

We have 3 legitimate NFL CBs on the roster right now, possibly a fourth depending on if White will play CB ad how you feel about him. If we acquire more we can revisit the issue, but as of the moment we don't have "too many CBs".

In actuality we are one short at CB. I say we move Malcolm Jenkins back to CB and sign Michael Huff to be our FS.

If Malcolm Jenkins can't play FS he certainly can't play man CB. He was moved to FS because he couldn't play CB.

Trade P-Rob for either a mid round pick or to move up in a round.

If Malcolm Jenkins can't play FS he certainly can't play man CB. He was moved to FS because he couldn't play CB.

This. Jenkins is too slow to play CB and isn't a natural safety. His stock dropped in the draft because of his slow 40 time in the combine. The Saints took him in the first round anyhow. Big mistake.

Same caution should apply for Jarvis Jones this year. Speed can't be coached and lack of speed can't be hidden in the NFL. Teams will exploit. The Saints got burned drafting Troy Davis as a RB many years ago after he ran a 4.7 forty and other teams took him off their boards. Mark Ingram is limited by his lack of speed. Same with Jenkins. That is three first round draft choices that the Saints used on players that other teams avoided because of lack of speed. None have played up to a first round level.

Take as many quality CBs as you can get and convert one to FS to replace Jenkins. The Sants need spped in the secondary.

Too many CB's? We release one guy (Patrick) and sign another (Lewis), we've got the same as we had before. :idunno:

It's a title designed off of the two linked articles discussing what to do if we sign Nnamda...

We have 3 legitimate NFL CBs on the roster right now, possibly a fourth depending on if White will play CB ad how you feel about him. If we acquire more we can revisit the issue, but as of the moment we don't have "too many CBs".

It's a title designed off of the two linked articles discussing what to do if we sign Nnamda...and I might add Porter to the discussion... it's speculation about what to do with them if we sign extra guys

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom