Too much meaning? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Do you think everyone puts to much meaning on this game.

Does it matter if we win this one if we lose the next two or
Does it matter if we lose this one if we win the next two
I guess my point is it is a long season and it is only one game.
Do you think we can burn ourselves out in week 6.

Not as fans. The coaches are doing a great job in keeping the players focused on one game at a time.

But as fans we have the luxury to go as crazy insane or mild and cautious as we desire.

4-1 would hardly be a horrible thing, and losing the game would not suddenly mean that the Saints can't have an incredible season. Even elite teams lose a few games.

That said, I will be pretty dissapointed if the Saints lose. Luckily, I don't think they will. Saints 31, Giants 24.

It's important in terms of potential playoff implications, but no more important (pragmatically speaking) than beating any other halfway decent NFC team. People screaming about this being "MUST WIN!" are overblowing it considerably. Winning it will be great no doubt. It will silence many remaining critics and better position us in the division and conference. But a loss isn't the end of the world. It just means they need to get back to business the next week.

Do you think everyone puts to much meaning on this game.

Does it matter if we win this one if we lose the next two or
Does it matter if we lose this one if we win the next two
I guess my point is it is a long season and it is only one game.
Do you think we can burn ourselves out in week 6.

Saints won't burn themselves out by week six. Some fans may feel like we have. The game is important because it's an NFC opponent, and those are the games you want to win.

Obviously, it's also important for home field advantage implications throughout the playoffs... Other than that, it's just the next game. Yet, make no mistake, these Saints believe they can win them all, one-at-a-time.

It's a "big game"...and we need to win it.

The Saints will be considered among the elite NFL teams when we start winning big games consistently. That's what really good NFL teams do. When a good team starts winning these types of games, you know they have turned the corner as a franchise.

Dallas had to beat San Fran. Green Bay had to beat Dallas. Indy had to beat the Patriots.

The only other brief period when the Saints had a good team, we couldn't get past San Fran. We never turned the corner. Instead our fuse burned out and we wilted back into "diddly poo" performances.

This is a big game. We need it.

It's a "big game"...and we need to win it.

The Saints will be considered among the elite NFL teams when we start winning big games consistently. That's what really good NFL teams do. When a good team starts winning these types of games, you know they have turned the corner as a franchise.

Dallas had to beat San Fran. Green Bay had to beat Dallas. Indy had to beat the Patriots.

The only other brief period when the Saints had a good team, we couldn't get past San Fran. We never turned the corner. Instead our fuse burned out and we wilted back into "diddly poo" performances.

This is a big game. We need it.

i disagree. we dont need this game. sure i would love to win it, however at this point of the season i am mainly looking for us to compete for 4 quarters with them.

if we give it our all, battle it out with them and end up on the short side of the points, all hope is not lost. we can still beat any team in the NFL.

5 - 0 sure would be awesome tho. but 4 - 1 is nothing to fret over.

I believe when we get to the end of the season we can look back then and pick which games were important. when we get where we want to be then we can look back and reflect on the season. you never know philly could beat out the giants and that win over them becomes more crucial than a win over the giants. it is crazy to call this a must win like it is week 13 or 14. there are to many games left to play.

Yes it is too early to call it a must game. But that being said every game is a must game.
If the Saints got totally blown out that would be bad for moral. If its a close game that would be another thing. We need it for team confidence. It would be great for home team advantage in the playoffs. The true must games are the divisional games at home. The Saints have to win all of those to stay ahead of the Falclowns. Truthfully before the beginning of the season I was thinking if we 1 out of 2 against the Giants and Eagles we would be ok. Since they blew the eagles out in Phi now I want it all.

This would be a "nice to win" game, not a "need to win" game.

Unless you think we NEED to go undefeated and I had to pick a game we would lose, this would be one I would prefer to lose. Well actually Miami would be.

But still, winning this game and then losing one to TB would be pretty distressing to me.

We don't want to be in a need to win situation. They need to take care of business now. Losing to the Giants will certainly mean something later in the season. Looks like people are already preparing for a loss. I think the Saints will win this game.

GEAUX SAINTS!

I posted this earlier...but losing to the Giants and then seeing the falcons beat the bears would make for a very distressful Sunday. Especially after a forum member reminded me that a falcons win/Saints loss would put the dirty birds in true first place because they have a division win already...sigh....let's NOT let that happen!

I don't know about "must win" because there is some finality to that statement that just doesn't exist. I look at all games up until you have the best playoff spot you can get wrapped-up as "need to win" games. Being a conference game with a good opponent it certainly holds possible play-off implications but it's not a "must-win" as it's too early to know that. Though if they do win it will not be a game that can come back to haunt them and when you win you have more control over your own destiny. If the worst happens and the Saints don't win and the Falcons do and they take the lead in the NFCS think about how good you'll feel after the Saints shut the door on them later after allowing them a peak at the top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom