Tool's next album... (1 Viewer)

I feel like this is a marketing trick to get more people to see them live (which, they'd probably already sell out wherever they go).

I'm over these bite size pieces. I want the whole damn album already.

Am I the only one that is not overly excited about those two new songs?

Maybe I need to listen to them on better speakers or my headphones...

They don't hit me like Vicarious, or even Lateralus.

Agreed. They sounded forced and rehashed stereotypical Tool songs. They seem to have hit a wall from a creative perspective, but we shall see.

I’ve been listening to Vicarious and Lateralus (my two favorite Tool songs) over and over the last couple weeks. They are just musical masterpieces. Simply amazing talent from every angle.

The only two albums that immediately blew me away were Opiate and Aenima. It took me a while to fully appreciate the nuances and depth of the other albums. And I've even learned to appreciate Opiate and Aenima on a deeper level over time.

So far, I like Invincible a lot more than Descending. When I get a chance to hear the studio version, I'll have a better idea of what to listen to live.

The only two albums that immediately blew me away were Opiate and Aenima. It took me a while to fully appreciate the nuances and depth of the other albums. And I've even learned to appreciate Opiate and Aenima on a deeper level over time.

i agree....i really like their straightforward hard rock stuff more than the 'progressive' stuff...that's not to say that i don't enjoy 10,000 Days or Lateralus but they can feel a little gratuitous unless i am dosed....the long drawn out solos and instrumental sections are much better suited for the live shows, which are incredible

Those two songs are like 2 out of 10 on first listen.. maybe they will grow on me, but they feel like skips.

I've been following the new uploads and it seems like they are really finding their groove with these new songs as the tour continues. And most recently, in Berlin, there's not a whole lot of background noise with people talking and sheet

and this full Des Moines set is sick! Intolerance!

and Part of Me! fork ya!

Tool has hit a creative wall if these two new songs are any indication. Just re-hashed riffs done over and over again. Not impressed after a few listens. To me, the material was probably written because it had to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom