Tool's next album... (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fingers crossed...

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/01/new-tool-album-mid-april/

While at an autograph signing session at the annual music convention NAMM in Anaheim, California, this weekend, Carey was asked by a fan if there was any new news on the Tool album, to which Carey replied, “Yeah, it’s gonna be out in mid-April. That’s the plan, anyway.” The exchange can be seen in the YouTube clip below.

i read somewhere that Maynard had recorded vocals...that should basically mean the album is complete except for mixing and all of that stuff

i read somewhere that Maynard had recorded vocals...that should basically mean the album is complete except for mixing and all of that stuff

If that's true, then it's about done. He's said that he stopped recording vocals while they were working on things, because they'd keep changing stuff.

I hope this isn't a massive let down... Meaning, that it's not really being released.

Haven't they said it's going to be released in April for the past 5 years?

Well, I plan on catching them live in May, so if this is true, it means I could catch one of the first concerts for the new album!

Oh. not another Aprils Fools joke...

Their website graphic is pretty sweet.

Funny that they still haven't put out the lyrics for 10000 days. I mean, it's been 13 years.

So now I get a new Tool album and Avengers Endgame just in time for my birthday. Man, that's going to be a great month!

I recall Maynard saying Mixing can take 2-4 months. In a very long Rogan podcast, he was outlining his scheduling. He was specifically talking about the challenges of Vinyl adding some time though, so not sure if it still applies.

They want to make money. Spotify doesn't pay artist much.
It's just that Spotify is my only music source (and I'm sure there are tons of people that fit that description). Unless I pull up YouTube videos, I just have no idea how to access their music.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom