Top 10 Drew Brees Saints era games (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This is definitely a boring time for a football fan. Things don't usually pick up until free agency starts and that's still weeks away. So that being in mind I decided to start a thread about Brees and the Saints best games. They can be wins or losses.

10. Falcons at Saints (2011) - This was a MNF game around Christmas time and the Dome was rockin. Drew broke Marino's passing yards season record. It was a thing of beauty to watch along with the Saints puttin a whuppin to the Falcons to also clinch the NFC South.

9. Cowboys at Saints (2013) - After coming off a bad loss against the Jets, the Saints put it all together against Dallas on a SNF game for the ages. They put on an offensive masterpiece that reulted in over 40 first downs and a 49-17 shallacking of the Cowgirls.

8. 49ers at Saints (2019) - All true Saints fans should admit despite the loss this was a very entertaining game. A game the Saints probably would've won if Jared Cook didn't get hurt after scoring two amazing TD's in the first quarter. He was probably in his best moments as a Saints during that time. Brees was at his best throwing 5 TD's including one that gave the Saints the lead late but the defense literally fouled the game up with a bad penalty after giving up a critical 1st down setting up a FG for a Niners win.

7. Chargers at Saints (2012) - I actually second guessed putting this game on the list but when you consider the buzz going into the game concerning Brees breaking Unitas' consecutive TD pass game streak and Sean Payton would be in attendance after the stupid Bountygate, this game was probably the highlight of the season. Great moment for Brees breaking the record on a perfect strike to Devery Henderson on a SNF game.

6. Saints at Dolphins (2009) - Saints were undefeated coming into this game. And when it started it certainly appeared they were headed for their first loss. Upon watching I said to myself "Well if they lose it's only their first loss but they need to come back and stay ahead of the Vikings for the 1 Seed" And come back they did. If I'm not mistaken that's the biggest deficit the Saints ever came back from to win. After that game, I knew the Saints were a serious Super Bowl contender.

5. Giants at Saints (2015) - There were not a lot of positive things to remember about the 2015 season but this game is certainly one of them. If you like scoring and a lot of TD passes then this was the game for you. Drew Brees and Eli Manning put on a dazzling display of passing excellence that saw Brees ultimately throw 7 TDs. Amazingly, despite that the game was determined by a late FG by Kai Forbath for a 52-49 Saints win.

4. Eagles at Saints (2006)- This would be the Divisional Playoff Game. Very entertaining game. Brees first playoff win as a Saint. Deuce McAllister certainly had alot to do with that and boy was it fun to watch. WhenI think of Deuce McAllister that game is the first I think of. First he dragged what seemed like the entire Eagles defense into the end zone as if to say "You guys are not denying us this!!". Then the Reggie Bush like move he put on Trotter on that swing pass was magical!!! Was so happy for Deuce and the Saints on that night.

3. Vikings at Saints (2009) - NFC Championship Game. The Right to go to the Super Bowl. Nuff Said. Both teams came out firing in the 1st Quarter. You kind of figured a mistake would be the difference. It was just no way to figure it would be so many. FIVE costly Vikings turnovers gave the Saints enough to stay within striking distance and tie the game but the Vikings were driving late and poised to win with a FG. Then it happened.....a costly 12 man in the huddle penalty pushed the Vikings out of FG range and Favre threw the INT that I'm sure is the one that bites at him the most. Saints get the ball in OT and win with a FG of their own. Dome goes crazy. Absolute strangers are hugging, tears of joy are being shed and in Jim Henderson's words "Pigs have flown"

2. Colts vs Saints (SB 44) - No Brainer this game makes the list. As I'm writing this you can't help but feel this should be one of MULTIPLE championships but we definitely have this one to remember. Things didn't start so great at first as the Saints fell into a 10-0 hole. But they battled back to gain the momemtum at halftime then seized even more with the legendary "AMBUSH" onside kick to start the 3rd quarter. Even though the Colts had their moments the Saints were in their groove after that play and Tracy Porter sealed what is undoubtedly the Greatest Saints accomplishment in team history!!!

1. Falcons at Saints (2006) -- Some of you may balk at this game being numero uno but I look at it like this. I stated in the previous entry that SB 44 was the greatest accomplishment for the Saints. I contend this MNF Dome reopening after Hurricane Katrina against the hated Falcons was the greatest MOMENT in Saints history. It's what started it all. The Rebirth as they call it. The Dome was probably the loudest it has ever been. The anticipation going into that game was epic. And the Saints came out smoking with one of the most memorable plays in NFL History. Steve Gleason blocking the punt that results in 7 quick points. You just felt it in your bones if you're a Saints fan. It was a feeling of invincibility that only comes around few and far between.

Games that missed the cut - This list was harder to compile that I thought it would be and some other games can be argued.
Saints at Cowboys (2006)
Saints at Redskins (2009)
Saints af Falcons (2018)
Redskins at Saints (2017)

Last edited:
I think the Superbowl win is #1 based on what's at stake, and he was named MVP...but he was pretty conservative in the game and just didn't name any mistakes. He did have an incredible completion percentage do he did exactly what was asked if him

The Falcons Steve Gleason game was great but not particularly impressive for Brees. I'd have that game as an honorable mention, certainly not #1 for Brees.

This is definitely a boring time for a football fan. Things don't usually pick up until free agency starts and that's still weeks away. So that being in mind I decided to start a thread about Brees and the Saints best games. They can be wins or losses.

10. Falcons at Saints (2011) - This was a MNF game around Christmas time and the Dome was rockin. Drew broke Marino's passing yards season record. It was a thing of beauty to watch along with the Saints puttin a whuppin to the Falcons to also clinch the NFC South.

9. Cowboys at Saints (2013) - After coming off a bad loss against the Jets, the Saints put it all together against Dallas on a SNF game for the ages. They put on an offensive masterpiece that reulted in over 40 first downs and a 49-17 shallacking of the Cowgirls.

8. 49ers at Saints (2019) - All true Saints fans should admit despite the loss this was a very entertaining game. A game the Saints probably would've won if Jared Cook didn't get hurt after scoring two amazing TD's in the first quarter. He was probably in his best moments as a Saints during that time. Brees was at his best throwing 5 TD's including one that gave the Saints the lead late but the defense literally fouled the game up with a bad penalty after giving up a critical 1st down setting up a FG for a Niners win.

7. Chargers at Saints (2012) - I actually second guessed putting this game on the list but when you consider the buzz going into the game concerning Brees breaking Unitas' consecutive TD pass game streak and Sean Payton would be in attendance after the stupid Bountygate, this game was probably the highlight of the season. Great moment for Brees breaking the record on a perfect strike to Devery Henderson on a SNF game.

6. Saints at Dolphins (2009) - Saints were undefeated coming into this game. And when it started it certainly appeared they were headed for their first loss. Upon watching I said to myself "Well if they lose it's only their first loss but they need to come back and stay ahead of the Vikings for the 1 Seed" And come back they did. If I'm not mistaken that's the biggest deficit the Saints ever came back from to win. After that game, I knew the Saints were a serious Super Bowl contender.

5. Giants at Saints (2015) - There were not a lot of positive things to remember about the 2015 season but this game is certainly one of them. If you like scoring and a lot of TD passes then this was the game for you. Drew Brees and Eli Manning put on a dazzling display of passing excellence that saw Brees ultimately throw 7 TDs. Amazingly, despite that the game was determined by a late FG by Kai Forbath for a 52-49 Saints win.

4. Eagles at Saints (2006)- This would be the Divisional Playoff Game. Very entertaining game. Brees first playoff win as a Saint. Deuce McAllister certainly had alot to do with that and boy was it fun to watch. WhenI think of Deuce McAllister that game is the first I think of. First he dragged what seemed like the entire Eagles defense into the end zone as if to say "You guys are not denying us this!!". Then the Reggie Bush like move he put on Trotter on that swing pass was magical!!! Was so happy for Deuce and the Saints on that night.

3. Vikings at Saints (2009) - NFC Championship Game. The Right to go to the Super Bowl. Nuff Said. Both teams came out firing in the 1st Quarter. You kind of figured a mistake would be the difference. It was just no way to figure it would be so many. FIVE costly Vikings turnovers gave the Saints enough to stay within striking distance and tie the game but the Vikings were driving late and poised to win with a FG. Then it happened.....a costly 12 man in the huddle penalty pushed the Vikings out of FG range and Favre threw the INT that I'm sure is the one that bites at him the most. Saints get the ball in OT and win with a FG of their own. Dome goes crazy. Absolute strangers are hugging, tears of joy are being shed and in Jim Henderson's words "Pigs have flown"

2. Colts vs Saints (SB 44) - No Brainer this game makes the list. As I'm writing this you can't help but feel this should be one of MULTIPLE championships but we definitely have this one to remember. Things didn't start so great at first as the Saints fell into a 10-0 hole. But they battled back to gain the momemtum at halftime then seized even more with the legendary "AMBUSH" onside kick to start the 3rd quarter. Even though the Colts had their moments the Saints were in their groove after that play and Tracy Porter sealed what is undoubtedly the Greatest Saints accomplishment in team history!!!

1. Falcons at Saints (2006) -- Some of you may balk at this game being numero uno but I look at it like this. I stated in the previous entry that SB 44 was the greatest accomplishment for the Saints. I contend this MNF Dome reopening after Hurricane Katrina against the hated Falcons was the greatest MOMENT in Saints history. It's what started it all. The Rebirth as they call it. The Dome was probably the loudest it has ever been. The anticipation going into that game was epic. And the Saints came out smoking with one of the most memorable plays in NFL History. Steve Gleason blocking the punt that results in 7 quick points. You just felt it in your bones if you're a Saints fan. It was a feeling of invincibility that only comes around few and far between.

Games that missed the cut - This list was harder to compile that I thought it would be and some other games can be argued.
Saints at Cowboys (2006)
Saints at Redskins (2009)
Saints af Falcons (2018)
Redskins at Saints (2017)
i totally agree i tell everyone that is the only time that i have felt the noise not just heard it

It's hard to argue against this being #1. It was a franchise changing victory.

Feel like the win over the Patriots during the Super Bowl run was a statement win and one of Brees best games ever. Should be on the list somewhere...

Drew loved playing the Colts it seems. He had a big game against them everytime as a Saint

Congrats on getting #'s 1 and 2 in the right order.....NOTHING will ever top that night AND day... that was something movies are based on... What a MAGICAL day leading up to it..... I let my 14 yo son take the day off from school and we just roamed the city... NOLA was back and the feeling was palpable.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this game 2013 Week 2 Saints vs. Bucs - 16 -14 Saints win. Less than a minute left in the Saints had to come from behind to win in Tampa.
2019 Week 1 Saints vs. Texans 30 - 28 Saints win. Deshaun Watson with DeAndre Hopkins and the Texans making the playoffs that year. However Saints had 37 seconds left with precision perfect two minute offense to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom