Top 10 - The way I see it (1 Viewer)

dome patrol

knowucantreadmypokerface
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Miami</st1:place></st1:City> Dolphins - Chris Long, <st1:place><st1:City>DE</st1:City> <st1:State>Virginia</st1:State></st1:place><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Parcells gets the total package at DE who's stout enough to play end in the 3-4. <o:p></o:p>
2. <st1:City><st1:place>St. Louis</st1:place></st1:City> Rams - Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU<o:p></o:p>
The most decorated player in the draft. After striking out in the past with DTs like Pickett, Kennedy, and Lewis they finally get their guy. La' Roi Glover is on his last legs and Dorsey would look great along side Adam Carricker and Leonard Little.<o:p></o:p>
3. <st1:City><st1:place>Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> Falcons – Jake Long, OT Michigan <o:p></o:p>
Here's why Atlanta won't take a DT at 3. 258, 280, and 286. Those numbers are the respective weights of John Abraham, Jamaal Anderson, and Jonathan Babineaux- the Falcons top 3 DLinemen. It's hard for me to see Mike Smith going from two mammoths in the middle of his DL in Jacksonville to two 6'1" 295lb guys in Ellis and Babineaux. <o:p></o:p>
<st1:City><st1:place>Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> grabs Long because of Gandy’s retirement and the fact that the NFC South is stacked with quality defensive ends. With Justin Blalock and Long- Atlanta will have a decent line to block for Michael Turner.<o:p></o:p>
4. Oakland Raiders - Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas<o:p></o:p>
In the end, Al Davis leaves his legacy by pairing McFadden and Jamarcus Russel in Silver & Black for the next decade. Lamont Jordan was on the verge of being cut or traded during the middle of last season so I can't see him sticking around. Dominic Rhodes isn't anything special and who really knows about Michael Bush. Russell-McFadden-Walker abeit a bit pricey, would be a start in the right direction for the Radiers.<o:p></o:p>
5. **TRADE** New England - Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB Ohio St.<o:p></o:p>
The Patriots are notorious for moving back and stocking draft picks. Not this year. They make this trade for two reasons: to add a pass rushing freak like Gholston to an aging linebacking corps and to spite Eric Mangini who will undoubtably be targeting Gholston to fit his 3-4 scheme. Billichek and Co. return fire after the Vilma stunt the Jets pulled and not only keep him out of the division, but add him to their roster.<o:p></o:p>
6. New York Jets - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB Tennessee St.<o:p></o:p>
So what do the Jets do? Fire right back. In light of signing Randy Moss to an extention, they draft Cromartie who they hope will stop the nightmare of Randy Moss running 40 yard crossing routes and scoring touchdowns with 3 people covering him. Cromartie is just the type of freak to matchup with Moss' natural ability.<o:p></o:p>
7. **TRADE** <st1:City><st1:place>Kansas City</st1:place></st1:City> Chiefs - Ryan Clady, <st1:Street><st1:address>OT Boise St</st1:address></st1:Street>.<o:p></o:p>
Herm Edwards picks up a late pick on Day 1 and doesn't have to reach and pay CLady Top 5 money. The Chiefs depth at tackle is atrocious so I don't think there's any way they can pass on him. <o:p></o:p>
8. **TRADE** <st1:City><st1:place>New Orleans</st1:place></st1:City> Saints - Sedrick Ellis, DT <st1:stockticker>USC</st1:stockticker><o:p></o:p>
Mickey Loomis has told everyone who would listen that they would be aggresive this off season and he delivers. New Orleans realizes that they can't wait any longer and find a natural trading partner in Baltimore who would like to keep Marvin Lewis' defense equally as craptastic as the Ravens offense. Gary Gibbs hopes Ellis can collapse the pocket in a way not seen since La'Roi Glover. After last year's debacle in the secondary, Sean Payton puts all of his eggs in the defensive line basket under new DL coach Ed Ogeron. <o:p></o:p>
9. Cincinatti Bengals - Phillip Merling, DE Clemson<o:p></o:p>
Bengals opt not to reach for Kentwan Balmer and add a solid end to replace Justin Smith. I flirted with putting <st1:State><st1:place>Florida</st1:place></st1:State>'s Derrick Harvey here, but the Bengals recently signed Antwan Odom who is the same type of tweener.<o:p></o:p>
10. **TRADE** <st1:City><st1:place>Baltimore</st1:place></st1:City> Ravens – Matt Ryan, QB Boston College<o:p></o:p>
Ozzie Newsome bags our mid-third round pick and takes the best player available- something they've been doing for years. I fought with Ryan or Mike Jenkins here, but the Ravens can’t rely on McNair’s health or Boller’s inconsistency. Ryan gives the Ravens a fresh start. He’d likely sit behind McNair for a year and when he retires Boller could backup Ryan.<o:p></o:p>
------------------------------------------------------<o:p></o:p>
40. <st1:City><st1:place>New Orleans</st1:place></st1:City> Saints - Early Doucet, WR LSU<o:p></o:p>
Saints see value in Doucet who was regarded as one of the top players in the country entering his senior season, but failed to live up to it due to nagging injuries. Devery Henderson and David Patten signed one and two year contracts so investing in Doucet would be wise. He's extremely quick with a different build that the rangy Colston and Meachem. Is a guy who can move the chains and the value at 40 is too good to pass up.<o:p></o:p>

No Way we take a Wr in the 2nd with a starting LB on the board or a good CB or DT prospect available.

Aw man, i was eatting this up, until the last paragraph, you lost me at Doucet in the 2nd round... ugh!!! but i was loving i mean LOVIN this mock until then!!!!!

Drafting Doucet in the second round is completely feasible. Take a look at our WR depth chart: Colston, Henderson, Patten, Copper, and Moore. You have one stud, an inconsistany guy in Henderson who probably won't be re-signed barring a huge season next year, a relic in David Patten who would retire at any given moment, and journeymen Copper and Moore. This might be the most overrated part of our team. There needs to be an infusion of talent and Doucet in the 2nd provides huge value.

edit: I forgot about Meachem, but so far he's had a pretty forgetful career anyway. But I do think he'll turn out to be a pretty decent player for us.

Last edited:
I dont see why everyone thinks Chris Long is a 3-4 end--I don't see that happening in the pros--I think he is a 4-3 end...3-4 ends are more like 290-300 lbs....I can see Gholston going number 1 as a Merriman type player to take over for Jason Taylor--once he leaves

i can see trading up, even for ellis (although surely for dorsey)... as for early in the 2nd, i personally think that's way too "early" ...

I dont see why everyone thinks Chris Long is a 3-4 end--I don't see that happening in the pros--I think he is a 4-3 end...3-4 ends are more like 290-300 lbs....I can see Gholston going number 1 as a Merriman type player to take over for Jason Taylor--once he leaves

Didn't work out too well for Parcells when he drafted Marcus Spears.:idunno:

I do like the fact that you've done it with trades. Every year I see all these people do this (like on NFL network, ESPN, etc.) and most of them don't put in trades. So in that respect you are really doing your homework.

I'm not with the 2nd round pick. IF anything, Payton will grab a TE here.

I thonk the Rams will take Long. Their O-line is hurting a bit because of some pro bowl losses the last two years.

If Ellis or Dorsey are there @ 8, I can see the Ravens trading with us: they don't need a DT, and Divisional foe Cincy right behind them does--they swap 1sts with us and they pick up a lil something extra, they probably still get their OL or QB @ 10 and the sweetest part is they get to screw over Cincy. ;)

I was digging it until I saw us taking Doucet in the second.... then I barfed

Drafting Doucet in the second round is completely feasible. Take a look at our WR depth chart: Colston, Henderson, Patten, Copper, and Moore. You have one stud, an inconsistany guy in Henderson who probably won't be re-signed barring a huge season next year, a relic in David Patten who would retire at any given moment, and journeymen Copper and Moore. This might be the most overrated part of our team. There needs to be an infusion of talent and Doucet in the 2nd provides huge value.

edit: I forgot about Meachem, but so far he's had a pretty forgetful career anyway. But I do think he'll turn out to be a pretty decent player for us.
That is a very valid point but I think there will be value at WR in rounds 3 and 4 that won't be there at the LB position.

I was digging it until I saw us taking Doucet in the second.... then I barfed

This isn't necessarily what I want to happen, but it's possible if they have Doucet or another receiver rated highly and drops. Next year we may only have Colston, Meachem, and Copper under contract (and Copper isn't that effective anyway) so I can definitely the line of thinking in drafting a receiver. Just trying to think outside the box and along the same lines as Saints management.

I was digging it till I saw our 2nd round pick. I'll barf if Mayo or Lofton are on the board and we go with O.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom