Top 10 - The way I see it (1 Viewer)

I dont see why everyone thinks Chris Long is a 3-4 end--I don't see that happening in the pros--I think he is a 4-3 end...3-4 ends are more like 290-300 lbs....I can see Gholston going number 1 as a Merriman type player to take over for Jason Taylor--once he leaves

Chris Long is the only player I see in the draft that I would take over Glen Dorsey if both were available when I picked. (of course that's my humble opinion, and we'll just have to wait a few years to see how it all unfolds). I think Long will be a great wherever they plug him in and Dorsey is going to be a VERY special DT.

You Had Me Going For A Minute Until You Pulled The Early Doucet Card. Have You Been Watching The Same Saints That I Have For The Last Two Years? Our Defense Is Void Of Young Playmakers. The Last Two Drafts We Addresed Offense With The Number 1 Picks. It Time To Load Up On D. There Are A Number Of Lb And Corners That Will Be Around In The 2nd. Go Get Em. Leave The O Alone Until The Second Day And Hope To Pick Te Or A Backup Qb.

You Had Me Going For A Minute Until You Pulled The Early Doucet Card. Have You Been Watching The Same Saints That I Have For The Last Two Years? Our Defense Is Void Of Young Playmakers. The Last Two Drafts We Addresed Offense With The Number 1 Picks. It Time To Load Up On D. There Are A Number Of Lb And Corners That Will Be Around In The 2nd. Go Get Em. Leave The O Alone Until The Second Day And Hope To Pick Te Or A Backup Qb.

Do you have a special keyboard that capitalizes the first letter of every word?

No objections here. Another WR on day one seems like throwing gas on a flame but I think Early is an NFL ready product. We'd look like the Cards with two young stud receivers like Doucet and Meech.

Dome, I like the idea of moving up with Baltimore or another interested team to get one of those DE's. It will cost us a third and maybe another choice, but I agree it is worth it to get a big guy in the middle who can push the pocket.
I don't however think that Loomis will go WR in the second. Having lost that third, if we trade up, the picks have to be used IMO on players who can help immediately. That would be either a TE, CB or even one of those LB's in a very deep group.
The key, though, is to do whatever possible to get one of those top guys. If we can't do that I would be all for trading down and then getting a guy like Balmer, plus another second round choice.

Dome, I like the idea of moving up with Baltimore or another interested team to get one of those DE's. It will cost us a third and maybe another choice, but I agree it is worth it to get a big guy in the middle who can push the pocket.
I don't however think that Loomis will go WR in the second. Having lost that third, if we trade up, the picks have to be used IMO on players who can help immediately. That would be either a TE, CB or even one of those LB's in a very deep group.
The key, though, is to do whatever possible to get one of those top guys. If we can't do that I would be all for trading down and then getting a guy like Balmer, plus another second round choice.

thats it... if we don't move up for the big DT, then sitting still seems like a losing proposition.

Doucet is a total homer call. I wouldn't be surprised if Early was available in the third or even fourth.

Doucet is a total homer call.

RedX.jpg

Having lost that third, if we trade up, the picks have to be used IMO on players who can help immediately. That would be either a TE, CB or even one of those LB's in a very deep group..

That's an excellent point. Under this scenario we wouldn't have a 3rd or 4th round pick so it's very likely that we'll address DB/TE/OL with the pick. However, I still maintain that if the right receiver fell, they wouldn't be opposed to taking him. You have to look at the big picture and our receiving corps has a tremendous amount of uncertainty next year/2010. Not to mention we're going to extend Colston so I doubt we'll be making big plays from any free agent receivers.

I know half the forum doesn't want to hear it and will likely go ******* on draft day, but I doubt the Saints go linebacker on Day 1. Don't just takeit from me- Mike D wrote about it in his article this morning. The depth chart would be just too crowded and there would be an odd man out who's a pretty good player. We've addressed it multiple times this off season and I think they already like a couple of our young guys anyway, specifically Marvin Mitchell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rams I believe definitely take Jake Long, especially after what happened last year....

I know half the forum doesn't want to hear it and will likely go ******* on draft day, but I doubt the Saints go linebacker on Day 1. Don't just takeit from me- Mike D wrote about it in his article this morning. The depth chart would be just too crowded and there would be an odd man out who's a pretty good player. We've addressed it multiple times this off season and I think they already like a couple of our young guys anyway, specifically Marvin Mitchell.

While I wouldn't rule out us taking a LB early, you make a very good point that I wish more people would consider. We've made moves at LB, CB and DL so that we won't be forced into taking a player at any particular position. Seeing as how we've made the most moves at LB, that probably indicates that they haven't fallen in love with any of the players at that position in this draft.

I also really wish people would open their minds up to the possibility that we may take an offensive player with one of our first two picks, not only for the sake of the board, but for their own sanity. We could use some help at TE and WR. I could also easily see us taking a center with that 2nd round pick if the right player is there. It would be nice if some people would slowly process this possibility now so that if by chance it does occur, they won't blow a gasket and go ballistic on the SSF.

I like the new england and saints trades. I think they could happen. I bet you atlanta trades with Dallas for that #4 spot. if mcfadden is on the board them or if he falls to 5 then the chiefs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom