Top 100 Free Agency Forecast (1 Viewer)

SAINTS 12

WHO DAT !!!!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Top 100 Free Agency Forecast

43. Left tackle Jermon Bushrod -- (The Saints)don't have much salary cap space at the moment, but the flood gates will open a bit when they release Jonathan Vilma, Will Smith, and (likely) Roman Harper early this week. Bushrod, 28, is their top free-agent priority. Expect the sides to hammer something out before Tuesday evening, at a rate lower than Will Beatty's deal.Free Agent Forecast: Saints on a five-year, $27.5 million contract.

66. Linebacker Victor Butler --(SAINTS) Buried behind Anthony Spencer and DeMarcus Ware the past four seasons, Butler still racked up 11 sacks and four forced fumbles despite starting just 2-of-63 games. He knows new Saints coordinator Rob Ryan's defense from Dallas, and unlike projected rush 'backers Martez Wilson and Junior Galette, Butler has played the position before
Free Agent Forecast: Saints on a four-year, $10 million contract

95. Safety Gerald Sensabaugh -- (SAINTS)Sensabaugh was a mediocre starter at free safety in Rob Ryan's Dallas defense last year. He can also play strong safety. The Saints will likely make Roman Harper a cap casualty and must replace him on the cheap. Ryan now runs their defense.
Free Agent Forecast: Saints on a three-year, $7.5 million contract.

i think we can upgrade over sensabaugh, i like the other 2 with that money

The two most important positions that the Saints need to address in free agency (by far, and without question in my mind):
1) LT
2) FS

It's not Payton's MO to back himself into a corner when the draft comes around. The Saints will find a LT in free agency. There is no way that they can assume that the three starter-worthy LTs (Johnson, Joekel, and Fisher) will be available at 15. If the Saints don't get a LT in free agency and miss out of one of those three guys...they could be in serious trouble. I am confident that Bushrod is the Saints #1 Free agent target...and that they will hammer out a deal with him.

Is Harper overpaid? Certainly. But he is salvagable in my opinion. He needs to be playing closer to the line of scrimmage and not playing deep cover because we have an incompetent FS. I think that Harper comes back at a reduced rate. You may hate this...but the truth is that you can completely overhaul your team in one year...you have to salvage what you can from year to year. On the other hand, Jenkins is NOT a FS. Bringing in a FS capable of playing centerfield will be the Saints top priority after signing a LT. I don't see a FS in the draft that is capable of stepping in day one and playing centerfield at a high level. I fully expect Ed Reed to be the Saints FS target.

If the Saints can leave free agency with Bushrod and Reed...and maybe a few lower priced FAs to fill out the roster...they will be sitting pretty going into the draft.

The two most important positions that the Saints need to address in free agency (by far, and without question in my mind):
1) LT
2) FS

It's not Payton's MO to back himself into a corner when the draft comes around. The Saints will find a LT in free agency. There is no way that they can assume that the three starter-worthy LTs (Johnson, Joekel, and Fisher) will be available at 15. If the Saints don't get a LT in free agency and miss out of one of those three guys...they could be in serious trouble. I am confident that Bushrod is the Saints #1 Free agent target...and that they will hammer out a deal with him.

Is Harper overpaid? Certainly. But he is salvagable in my opinion. He needs to be playing closer to the line of scrimmage and not playing deep cover because we have an incompetent FS. I think that Harper comes back at a reduced rate. You may hate this...but the truth is that you can completely overhaul your team in one year...you have to salvage what you can from year to year. On the other hand, Jenkins is NOT a FS. Bringing in a FS capable of playing centerfield will be the Saints top priority after signing a LT. I fully expect Ed Reed to be the Saints FS target.

If the Saints can leave free agency with Bushrod and Reed...and maybe a few lower priced FAs to fill out the roster...they will be sitting pretty going into the draft.

Agreed on LT

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Substitute Ed Reed for Sensabaugh and add an affordable D-Line depth signing, and I would be happy with this.

Substitute Ed Reed for Sensabaugh and add an affordable D-Line depth signing, and I would be happy with this.

Would take Reed or Quntin Mikell at SS over Sensabaugh. Also a cheap CB FA like Tracy Porter coming back on like a 1 year deal would be good as well.

"27. Tight end Jared Cook -- The Nashville Tennessean has estimated that Cook will draw offers worth $8 million annually, while the Miami Herald has suggested Cook's price tag could trend toward $10 million. That's awfully rich for a blocking-deficient tight end who's never reached 50 catches. The Eagles, Dolphins, Bears, Rams, and Titans have all been floated as potential suitors. Cook would add a new dimension to Marc Trestman's offense in Chicago.

Free Agent Forecast: Bears on a four-year, $32 million contract."

If this is true, Jimmy is going to break the bank.

"27. Tight end Jared Cook -- The Nashville Tennessean has estimated that Cook will draw offers worth $8 million annually, while the Miami Herald has suggested Cook's price tag could trend toward $10 million. That's awfully rich for a blocking-deficient tight end who's never reached 50 catches. The Eagles, Dolphins, Bears, Rams, and Titans have all been floated as potential suitors. Cook would add a new dimension to Marc Trestman's offense in Chicago.

Free Agent Forecast: Bears on a four-year, $32 million contract."

If this is true, Jimmy is going to break the bank.

top 10 tight ends salaries
2013 NFL Top Average Salaries - Tight End

gronk got an 8 year, 55.23 mil dollar contract last year
Rob Gronkowski Contract, Salaries, and Transactions

graham should look for about the same, hopefully loomis gets him locked up this offseason before he has another monster year next year like he did in 2011...

Israel Idonije had 48 tackles and 7.5 sacks last year and could contribute here as a 5 tech.

Jason Jones is also intriguing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom