Top 100 Free Agents (1 Viewer)

Kevin Zeitler OG
Jamie Collins DE/OLB
Stephon Gilmore/Trumaine Johnson CB

If we can come away with the top OG in Zeitler and a stud pass rusher with versatility to do a little bit of all with Collins then watch out! Zeitler and Collins need to be our main priority giving Brees the best protection he needs immediately and the pass rusher to get the ball back in his hands.

Landing Zeitler instantly puts our OLine in the discussion as best OLines with the Cowboys. Filling the RG position with one of the best in the NFL would be huge. Armstead/Unger/Zeitler gives you a trio that are all top 5 or even 3 at their positions. I still believe Peat is the future RT and adding Zeitler allows us to then put the best LG at RT on the field. If Striefs time is up then IMO Peat moves to RT and we let the OGs we have on the team now along with our draft picks battle it out at LG.

Collins is exactly what we need on defense in our front 7. He can be the speed rusher opposite Cam to get after the QB. Also has the versatility to drop in coverage. He can play near all LB positions in a 3-4 and 4-3 while also playing DE in the 4-3. Don't come across many defenders with his skill set period. We have $ to spend and a guy who fits exactly what we need in our front 7. I say we pay the $ and bring him in. Adding Collins instantly changes our front 7 with a pass rush that can be flat out scary.

Don't think we would have the $ to sign Gilmore or Johnson after signing Zeitler/Collins. If we could somehow squeeze them in we would have near every hole filled on this roster. Both of these CBs can be studs and would fit in very well for us. Our CBs healthy along with one of these guys has potential to be one of the better groups in the NFL. If one of these guys would be to expensive on top of our 2 big FA signing then CB is a position I would not mind addressing in the draft. A few potential studs who will be available when we pick.

i have a funny feeling we're going to go ham in FA and end up like the eagle dream team lolol

I like Logan Ryan, I think he would do well here.

Watch a fair amount of Bills games up here. I really like Stephon Gilmore and if we can't get one of the other couple CBs, I'd be mighty happy taking him.

i have a funny feeling we're going to go ham in FA and end up like the eagle dream team lolol

I hope we do! If there ever was a year to spend, it's now. If we don't win in 2017, Drew is a goner. What more motivation do you need?

Bare minimum, we should sign a top o-lineman and a top corner. Just so happens most of the best available are 25-27 years old. Can anybody give me one reason not to do this? I can't think of one.

I'm talking to you, red thumber

I hope we do! If there ever was a year to spend, it's now. If we don't win in 2017, Drew is a goner. What more motivation do you need?

Bare minimum, we should sign a top o-lineman and a top corner. Just so happens most of the best available are 25-27 years old. Can anybody give me one reason not to do this? I can't think of one.

Seriously, who disagrees with this? Lol I see the red thumb, but I'd love to know what the argument is. I mean I understand not wanting to offer huge contracts to guys that might bust, but I think Kevin Zeitler, Andrew Norwell, Larry Warford, Trumaine Johnson, AJ Bouye, and Logan Ryan are all pretty unlikely to be complete busts. They are all 25-27 years old. What is the argument for not paying what it takes to get one of each (G and CB)?

I don't mind the red thumb, I'm just extremely curious... Why??

There sure were a lot of Panthers on there for as bad as they sucked last year. Looks like they will have to spend a ton of money to suck again next year!

mbg

Collins is exactly what we need on defense in our front 7. He can be the speed rusher opposite Cam to get after the QB. Also has the versatility to drop in coverage. He can play near all LB positions in a 3-4 and 4-3 while also playing DE in the 4-3. Don't come across many defenders with his skill set period. We have $ to spend and a guy who fits exactly what we need in our front 7. I say we pay the $ and bring him in. Adding Collins instantly changes our front 7 with a pass rush that can be flat out scary.

Cleveland has a ton of cap space, does Collins even sniff FA?

I agree with this completely. I hope they spend away. JPP, Gilmore, Zeitler, and Berry. We need to attempt to sign at least two of these guys. If the Broncos can buy their way to a title, so can we.

My shot in the dark player I would be looking at is QB Josh Johnson. A six year guy that has bounced around and was the backup for Eli Manning last year. This guy has not played much at all but the fact that he is bouncing around and the Giants have made him the backup tells me he has something.

It looks as though he has been on teams with an established QB or a high draft QB.

Not saying he is the next Brees but he has something and might be better than what the saints have behind Brees. That would allow the saints to see what he does have.

Watch a fair amount of Bills games up here. I really like Stephon Gilmore and if we can't get one of the other couple CBs, I'd be mighty happy taking him.
Great choice. The last time we picked up a free agent cornerback from Buffalo it worked out quite well. Being that he had a down year, we may be able to sign a high upside free agent (to a multi-year deal) without breaking the bank for once.

Great choice. The last time we picked up a free agent cornerback from Buffalo it worked out quite well. Being that he had a down year, we may be able to sign a high upside free agent (to a multi-year deal) without breaking the bank for once.

I would prefer Trumaine Johnson, AJ Bouye, or Logan Ryan. Gilmore would probably be my 4th option. I'll be happy if we sign Gilmore, but I hope they spend the money and get one of my top 3.

If the Broncos can buy their way to a title, so can we.

This. They sent Elway out a winner with a similar strategy and then turned around 15 years later and did it again for an aging first ballot HOF'er.

I see no reason why the Saints can't do the same for Brees.

Spend money on D. Backload contracts. Go all in. Get the big holes filled with solid->upper tier free agents. Fill the small holes & depth with draft picks. Don't be afraid to trade back into the first if a guy like Takk or Cunningham drops.

4 years ago, they made a play for it all and every single move seemed to bust. I don't care. Go for it all again.

All I ask is that we learn from history and start in the trenches. WDE, RG, and Fairley need to be the first pieces signed, IMHO. Then the LB & CB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom