Top 100 Free Agents (1 Viewer)

Slaw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Some of my favorites:

3. Kevin Zeitler, G, Bengals. Age: 27
Kevin Zeitler is one of the jewels of the 2017 NFL free agency class. He's been one of the top guards in the league over the past several seasons, possessing no weaknesses in his game. There's no reason for Zeitler to decline either, as he'll turn just 27 in March.

6. Andrew Norwell, G, Panthers. Age: 25
Carolina's offensive line was a mess this past season, but the lone bright spot throughout the entire year was Andrew Norwell. The 25-year-old was outstanding in both pass protection and run blocking, and given that he's so young, he could even be better in 2017 and 2018.

11. A.J. Bouye, CB, Texans. Age: 26
A.J. Bouye came out of nowhere to have a Pro Bowl season for the Texans. Bouye was just a reserve/special-teamer prior to 2016, but he inexplicably turned into a shutdown cornerback. I'm hesitant to give him anything more than four stars because he could be a one-year wonder, but Bouye is set to earn a big contract this offseason.

13. Trumaine Johnson, CB, Rams. Age: 27
Trumaine Johnson is an excellent cornerback who has about four more years remaining in his prime, given that he just turned 27. Johnson struggles to tackle, but he's phenomenal as a cover cornerback.

19. Logan Ryan, CB, Patriots. Age: 26
Logan Ryan struggled to start the 2016 campaign, but bounced back and performed on a very high level once again down the stretch. Ryan has been great the past two years, and he's only 26 in February, so he should be able to play well for quite a while.

WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Free Agents - Top 100

Zach Orr LB, Melvin Ingram EDGE, Martellus Bennett TE, Steph Gilmore CB, Logan Ryan CB, Ronald Leary OG, Kevin Zeitler OG. Hope we can get 1 or 2 of these guys.

John Madden was always adamant that he would invest heavily in offensive linemen and cornerbacks if he was building a team from scratch. I agree with him. (even with my old offensive lineman bias):rolleyes: Any of those guys would help us.

John Madden was always adamant that he would invest heavily in offensive linemen and cornerbacks if he was building a team from scratch. I agree with him. (even with my old offensive lineman bias):rolleyes: Any of those guys would help us.

Just so happens that guard and corner are probably the strongest positions in free agency this year. I really hope we sign one of each. With at least one being a player listed in the OP.

I'll take Melvin Ingram-he's hitting his prime and we need a veteran rusher, imo
Stephon Gilmore-I have seen him at his best, I like
Leary-dude has a chip on his shoulder, I love those types of players

If we could pull off Fleener and Fairley last year. Surely we can sign one of the better guards and corners with all the cap room we have this year. I can't wait to see who we go after. Is it March yet??

I'm tired of getting burned for paying FA's with the payload of a Brinks truck! Personally, I like Larry Warford, considering the amount of money that Kevin Zeitler is going to garner.

I'm tired of getting burned for paying FA's with the payload of a Brinks truck! Personally, I like Larry Warford, considering the amount of money that Kevin Zeitler is going to garner.

Yep if I listed one more guy it would've been Warford. But if Norwell and Warford are in the same price range, I'd prefer Norwell. Norwell reminds me of Carl Nicks. 6'6 325, 25 years old, and is good in both the run game and pass blocking.

We got some money to play with and I fully expect Loomis to find some more money by getting an extension or restructure of a contract somewhere along the line.

DE, OG, and CB can be rightly squared away if we snag the right players.

We got some money to play with and I fully expect Loomis to find some more money by getting an extension or restructure of a contract somewhere along the line.

DE, OG, and CB can be rightly squared away if we snag the right players.

I'd rather a LB over a DE.

If we could pull off Fleener and Fairley last year. Surely we can sign one of the better guards and corners with all the cap room we have this year. I can't wait to see who we go after. Is it March yet??

I'd go one step further and say we could probably sign 4-5 top tier players with the way Loomis can make some contracts work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom