Top 20 undrafted free agents per gil brandt (1 Viewer)

If Bush doesn't restructure and is released, I can easily see Noel Devine getting a look in New Orleans. He fits the mold for the type of speed running back Sean Payton clearly wants to have in this offense, however right now that spot is owned by Reggie Bush, and unless Bush is utterly insane with what contractual demands, I don't see Bush not being in Black and Gold come the season opener in Green Bay.

Guys who I would like the Saints to snatch::

15. Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame: A four-year starter at Notre Dame who is very strong and athletic.
Good strong DT that can develop over time. Ellis will be FA next season so depth is neccessary.

2. Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College: His battle against cancer is well documented and speaks to his hunger to play. If healthy, he can play all downs.
Prior to the cancer the guy was just a str8 beast. Who knows if he will every be what he was, but I know going undrafted has put a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Lock this guy down, you can never have enough solid LB depth.

3. Derrick Locke, RB, Kentucky: Has quickness and speed needed for success at running back.
Nice Reggie Bush-esque skills to have just in case Reggie leaves.

13. Kendric Burney, CB, North Carolina: Lacks great speed but makes up for it with quickness and ball skills. Very good tackler.
Short and slow, but this kid is a baller and football player. Just the type of guy you want on your team. Maybe a solid nickel corner or safety. Can can help on ST's.

16. Ricardo Lockette, WR, Fort Valley State: Teams love speed, and he is the fastest player available of all undrafted free agents.
Speed guy who can definetily help us down the line. Next year Meachem will be FA and who knows what will become of Henderson. Let this guy sit and develop with WR Coach Curtis Johnson for a season or two.

Lockette and Herzlich would be nice signings.

I would like Ian Williams to get a good look in camp. There are a lot of solid names on that list with potential. We have been doing well with UDFAs too.

I would like us to sign Herzlich, this kid has great determination and heart.

Wouldn't mind signing Devine has a kick returner, but would it be usefull to sign him for just that?

I've always been ho hum about pat devlin and i think that jeff van camp is the best quarterback to go undrafted. I can see him starting in a year of two and wouldn't even mind bringing him in to compete with chase daniel.

there are some really good o-line prospects still out there at every position and linebackers like tressor baptiste and keith darbut that i'm hoping we are able to land and even alex albright who reminds me of akeem ayers. Speedy safeties like josh gatlin and mana silva could easily push for jobs here. I still like vance cuff at CB and Darren evans at RB. Jarriel King is a noteworthy OT prospect who doesn't get alot of mention. I'd like to see what DE's like roberto davis and clay nurse can do with an additional 15-20lbs.

People want over Noel Divine over Derrick Locke? I would take Locke over Divine in a heartbeat. Divine is slated to be nothing more than a kick returner at the next level where Locke can return kicks and punt and has a better running ability than Divine. Plus Locke also can run the Wildcat and while we never use it it does show his versatility.

I would like to bring in DeAndre McDaniel but after what he did to his ex-girlfriend he can go to the Bengals

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom