Top 25 players in college (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida. I said it last year and everyone thought I was an idiot (some still do): When his career is complete, Tebow will be the greatest amateur player ever in a team sport. No one affects the game like he can. 2. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma. Performs off the charts in three crucial areas for a quarterback: mental toughness, accuracy/arm strength, leadership.
3. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State. Deep speed for big plays, physical frame for tough catches — an absolute nightmare in man coverage. One more thing: Don't punt to him.
4. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas. Sees plays develop before they do and throws on the run better than anyone in a long, long time.
5. Taylor Mays, S, USC. An enforcer who can change passing games with one big hit; and plays like a fourth linebacker in run support.
6. George Selvie, DE, South Florida. Forget about his injury-marred 2008. When healthy, he's a disruptive, unblockable force.
7. Jahvid Best, RB, California. The fastest player in the game blossomed as a runner last fall. Now he has added muscle mass.
8. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee. At some point, the new Tennessee staff must find a way to get Berry 10 plays per game on offense.
9. Jeremiah Masoli, QB, Oregon. More of a run threat last season, watch how he develops in the passing game in Year 2 under new coach Chip Kelly.
10. Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State. Best pure tailback in the game; could reach 2,000 yards with the most balanced offense in the nation.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31067635/ns/sports-college_football/

other notables:

11. Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama. When McClain was a freshman, one AFC scout told me he was the best linebacker in the SEC. That was two years ago.
15. Julio Jones, WR, Alabama. Had a brilliant freshman season despite average quarterback play. What happens if/when the Tide gets an athletic quarterback with a strong arm?
17. Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida. Fiery, emotional, big-hitting run stuffer with invaluable leadership skills.
19. Ciron Black, OT, LSU. The best pass blocker in the game; he's a wall to get around.
20. Jevan Snead, QB, Ole Miss. First season as a starter was remarkable, especially considering he sat out 2007 after transferring from Texas.
24. Joe Haden, CB, Florida. The best cover corner in the game. Former high school quarterback gets terrific breaks on the ball because of his passing-game knowledge.

Man, Berry is far, far too low and Masoli at #9 is ridiculous.

Joe McKnight will find his way in before seasons end.

What is the criteria for the ranking? College value or pro potential?

If its draft order, I might take Julio Jones over all the players listed. Jones is one of the only players I have seen who physically and mentally could go straight from high school to the pros. He is the football version of Lebron James.

Draftwise I am not so sure Jevan Snead and/or McCoy might not go over Tebow. Tebow is a great college player but I dont know if he could have gotten any more out of Ole Miss than Snead did. How Tebow's game translates (or doesnt translate) to the pro game will be the dominat topic of next year's draft. In terms of impact on the college game I have no problem with Tebow being first.

And I agree with Bayou that Berry is the best safety college football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom