Top 3 under-the-radar players on the final 53 (1 Viewer)

NYC Saint

Veteran
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess I was thinking about how Bobby Richardson has practiced and played, but, in the end, hasn't been mentioned much among the mix of our new front 4.

So...
1. Bobby Richardson
2. Stephone Anthony
3. Jarius Byrd

I wasn't anticipating only defense, but that's where my thoughts took me.

Yours?

I am beginning to wonder how safe Dreschers job is. Somebody had a bad long snap in the Texans game I just couldnt see who it was.

Bobby Richardson will have a good year this year showing his ability to contribute at DE as well as DT.

I'm a fan of Richardson too, I think he's going to be a lot bigger contributor than people think. Especially with Rankins being out, he's the logical guy to play that inside pass rush spot on 3rd down.

I guess I was thinking about how Bobby Richardson has practiced and played, but, in the end, hasn't been mentioned much among the mix of our new front 4.

So...
1. Bobby Richardson
2. Stephone Anthony
3. Jarius Byrd

I wasn't anticipating only defense, but that's where my thoughts took me.

Yours?

Anthony is doing well, it is his new role that is making the difference.

Bobby Richardson has been solidifying his spot as the Closed End backing up Cam Jordan. Many thought/and it was hinted that the staff would try Onyemata at DE first but that stopped quickly as he's been taking snaps at DT almost exclusively.

Richardson isn't big enough to play DT fulltime and the open end is for the smaller DE's like Edebali but he according to Allen/SP will see a lot of snaps in the sub rush.

We should have a pretty good rotation on the interior along with a very good backup for Cam Jordan. Couldn't be happier with Richardson's presence.

Peat at guard .. for years guard has been I position of importance I think he shows up during season.

Agree about Richardson. What if we still had Kikaha and Rankins? Almost makes my head explode.

If Lasco does as well on screens as I think, he will be hard to keep off the field.

I think PJ Williams is on the radar, but still underestimated.

Craig Robertson - I think this guy is too good not to play some minutes. He has been killing it in coverage so I'm thinking we'll see him in some sub packages and when we do he'll make an impact.
CJ Spiller - From what I've seen in preseason I think CJ could go off this year. I'm not impressed with the team running between the tackles due to our guard issues. However, CJ could be the one back to be able to get out into space off the edges and when he does bang. I expect to see him run a lot of screens and he should break a few.
Damian Swann - He saw a lot of snaps last season and it was unfortunate he had the concussion issues. However, when this guy is playing in the nickle he has the ability to lock receivers down. If he can say injury free then I think Swann could be a huge impact player.

Kasim Edebali, Craig Robertson, & Tyeler Davison. Edebali has done the math & is steadily figuring out the game & evolving as a player. His growing skill set, coupled with his all out hustle got Kasim primed for a break out year, in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom