Top 30 Players in Saints History (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Jonathan Vilma, LB
Aaron Brooks, QB
Joe Johnson, DE
Joel Hilgenberg, C
Cameron Jordan, DE
Dalton Hilliard, RB
Danny Abramowicz, WR
La'Roi Glover, DT
Jim Dumbrowski, T/G
Jim Wilkes, DT
Tommy Myers, FS
Will Smith, DE
Dave Waymer, CB/S
Jimmy Graham, TE
George Rogers, RB
Wayne Martin, DE
Eric Martin, WR
Stan Brock, T
Vaughn Johnson, LB
Joe Horn, WR
Deuce McCallister, RB
Sam Mills, LB
Pat Swilling, LB
Morten Anderson, K
Marques Colston, WR
Archie Manning, QB
Willie Roaf, T
Jahri Evans, G
Rickey Jackson, LB
Drew Brees, QB

This list was derived (pirated) from Who Dat Dish. Drew was #1 as the top player. I find this list very interesting. For one, putting Evans higher than Roaf is wrong, because I would say that Roaf is the 3rd or 4th best player to ever wear the Black and Gold. I also would put Bobby Hebert on this list, leaving out Aaron Brooks.

Now, in the next few years, some of these players will slide off, being replaced by the likes of Lattimore, Williams, Ramchek, and others.

The other day, I put up a poll on the best Safety we ever had, and Sammy Knight ran away with it. I disagreed with that, and so does the Dish. Myers still holds 2nd on our all time list for INT's, and is the best FS we ever had.

I also look at this list, and realize just where the best players we've had played. O-Line, D-Line, and LB. We have had great players at these positions, and continue to get them. The old adage is that Football is won in the trenches, and that is still true.

What do ya'll think about their assessment?

Jedi211

Rookie
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't figure out why people put Aaron Brooks over Bobby Hebert. Bobby was a very good QB for the Saints. Now, I hated it when he and Morten Anderson both went to the Falcons. But, Mort never gets bad mouthed for doing that, but Bobby gets crucified.
Mort didn't run around doing the Dirty bird in SuperDome, hell with that drunk loser

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Mort didn't run around doing the Dirty bird in SuperDome, hell with that drunk loser
He also demanded to be traded to the Raiders and then held out for a year and a half when Finks wouldn’t do it.

B_doggman47

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No bad feelings about Aaron Brooks, but I think Derland Moore deserves to be on the list over Brooks. Brooks' peak was very short, while Moore anchored the defensive line for over a decade.

Truth be told ... for the same reason (short peak), I could put Moore in over Dalton Hilliard, too.
I agree with you on Derland Moore over Brooks, but not Moore over Dalton Hilliard. I think Johnnie Poe should be on that list somewhere.

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
Pierre Thomas has to be on that list! The Saints do not win a Super Bowl without PT23. He is (in my honest opinion) the best screen RB to ever play the game! He was also a great team leader, an excellent blocker, a great special teams player, and a massively underrated runner.

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OP, you would do WHAT with Bobby “dirty bird” Hebert (who’s team won despite him) over Aaron Brooks who during his time broke every Saints passing record there was???

Diddley Poo

Atlanta sucks!
Reaction score
Aaron Brooks? Really?? I completely disagree with that one. I think Jake Delhomme was the better QB at that time, but Haslett succumbed to ABs temper tantrums.

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Aaron Brooks? Really?? I completely disagree with that one. I think Jake Delhomme was the better QB at that time, but Haslett succumbed to ABs temper tantrums.
Can you cite sources for these "temper tantrums" by AB?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom