Top 30 Players in Saints History (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Jonathan Vilma, LB
Aaron Brooks, QB
Joe Johnson, DE
Joel Hilgenberg, C
Cameron Jordan, DE
Dalton Hilliard, RB
Danny Abramowicz, WR
La'Roi Glover, DT
Jim Dumbrowski, T/G
Jim Wilkes, DT
Tommy Myers, FS
Will Smith, DE
Dave Waymer, CB/S
Jimmy Graham, TE
George Rogers, RB
Wayne Martin, DE
Eric Martin, WR
Stan Brock, T
Vaughn Johnson, LB
Joe Horn, WR
Deuce McCallister, RB
Sam Mills, LB
Pat Swilling, LB
Morten Anderson, K
Marques Colston, WR
Archie Manning, QB
Willie Roaf, T
Jahri Evans, G
Rickey Jackson, LB
Drew Brees, QB

This list was derived (pirated) from Who Dat Dish. Drew was #1 as the top player. I find this list very interesting. For one, putting Evans higher than Roaf is wrong, because I would say that Roaf is the 3rd or 4th best player to ever wear the Black and Gold. I also would put Bobby Hebert on this list, leaving out Aaron Brooks.

Now, in the next few years, some of these players will slide off, being replaced by the likes of Lattimore, Williams, Ramchek, and others.

The other day, I put up a poll on the best Safety we ever had, and Sammy Knight ran away with it. I disagreed with that, and so does the Dish. Myers still holds 2nd on our all time list for INT's, and is the best FS we ever had.

I also look at this list, and realize just where the best players we've had played. O-Line, D-Line, and LB. We have had great players at these positions, and continue to get them. The old adage is that Football is won in the trenches, and that is still true.

What do ya'll think about their assessment?

No bad feelings about Aaron Brooks, but I think Derland Moore deserves to be on the list over Brooks. Brooks' peak was very short, while Moore anchored the defensive line for over a decade.

Truth be told ... for the same reason (short peak), I could put Moore in over Dalton Hilliard, too.

I made up my own "all-time team" back in the early 2000s that still had Archie and Bobby as the quarterbacks and Joe Horn and Wes Chandler as WRs ;) I gave them ratings based on some of the early Madden video games' ratings structure, back when things like speed and agility were on a 15-high scale.

Most of the OP's suggestions were on my mythical team, so it's a good start, at least.

No bad feelings about Aaron Brooks, but I think Derland Moore deserves to be on the list over Brooks. Brooks' peak was very short, while Moore anchored the defensive line for over a decade.

Truth be told ... for the same reason (short peak), I could put Moore in over Dalton Hilliard, too.

Yes, Derland Moore should be on there somewhere. He was awesome.

I made up my own "all-time team" back in the early 2000s that still had Archie and Bobby as the quarterbacks and Joe Horn and Wes Chandler as WRs ;) I gave them ratings based on some of the early Madden video games' ratings structure, back when things like speed and agility were on a 15-high scale.

Most of the OP's suggestions were on my mythical team, so it's a good start, at least.
I'd love to put Wes Chandler on the list, but he wasn't a Saint for very long. They traded him to San Diego where he excelled. Plus, he spoke bad about the Saints after being traded.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why people put Aaron Brooks over Bobby Hebert. Bobby was a very good QB for the Saints. Now, I hated it when he and Morten Anderson both went to the Falcons. But, Mort never gets bad mouthed for doing that, but Bobby gets crucified.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why people put Aaron Brooks over Bobby Hebert. Bobby was a very good QB for the Saints. Now, I hated it when he and Morten Anderson both went to the Falcons. But, Mort never gets bad mouthed for doing that, but Bobby gets crucified.

Might be those 3 second half INTs against the Eagles. Up 20-7 with a quarter and a half to play.

AB won a playoff game, bobby lost several

Bobby pushing the Saints out of the playoffs while wearing a Falcon uniform, is an unforgivable act.

Bobby was a very good QB for the Saints. Now, I hated it when he and Morten Anderson both went to the Falcons. But, Mort never gets bad mouthed for doing that, but Bobby gets crucified.

Well, Morten Andersen never came back and flew around the center of the field after a win.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why people put Aaron Brooks over Bobby Hebert. Bobby was a very good QB for the Saints.
Perhaps because Brooks actually won a playoff game, and made plays in the process, and didn't squander playoff games throwing picks and incomplete passes while having one of the best defenses of all time and the best LB group in NFL history.

Now, I hated it when he and Morten Anderson both went to the Falcons. But, Mort never gets bad mouthed for doing that, but Bobby gets crucified.

Morten didn't "fly" mockingly in front of the Saints sidelines in a Falcon uniform, whereas in his HoF induction speech, he told the Clowns sorry, but he will forever be a Saint.

And no PT in that list? And Morten AndersOn? List is invalid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom