Top 30 Players in Saints History (1 Viewer)

To those that have only heard Bobby talk and never saw him play, it would be hard to imagine how solid he was. He wasn't in a system that slung it a lot but he didn't lose you many games either. Kind of a game manager but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing with our D. But we were in the 49ers division when the West Coast offense was brand new. Damned luck.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why people put Aaron Brooks over Bobby Hebert. Bobby was a very good QB for the Saints. Now, I hated it when he and Morten Anderson both went to the Falcons. But, Mort never gets bad mouthed for doing that, but Bobby gets crucified.
Mort didn't run around doing the Dirty bird in SuperDome, hell with that drunk loser

Mort didn't run around doing the Dirty bird in SuperDome, hell with that drunk loser

He also demanded to be traded to the Raiders and then held out for a year and a half when Finks wouldn’t do it.

No bad feelings about Aaron Brooks, but I think Derland Moore deserves to be on the list over Brooks. Brooks' peak was very short, while Moore anchored the defensive line for over a decade.

Truth be told ... for the same reason (short peak), I could put Moore in over Dalton Hilliard, too.
I agree with you on Derland Moore over Brooks, but not Moore over Dalton Hilliard. I think Johnnie Poe should be on that list somewhere.

Pierre Thomas has to be on that list! The Saints do not win a Super Bowl without PT23. He is (in my honest opinion) the best screen RB to ever play the game! He was also a great team leader, an excellent blocker, a great special teams player, and a massively underrated runner.

OP, you would do WHAT with Bobby “dirty bird” Hebert (who’s team won despite him) over Aaron Brooks who during his time broke every Saints passing record there was???

Aaron Brooks? Really?? I completely disagree with that one. I think Jake Delhomme was the better QB at that time, but Haslett succumbed to ABs temper tantrums.

Aaron Brooks? Really?? I completely disagree with that one. I think Jake Delhomme was the better QB at that time, but Haslett succumbed to ABs temper tantrums.
Can you cite sources for these "temper tantrums" by AB?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom