Opinion Top 33 Quarterbacks for 2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

33. Mitchell Trubisky, Chicago Bears
32. Dwayne Haskins, Washington Football Team
31. Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins
30. Jarrett Stidham, New England Patriots
29. Nick Foles, Chicago Bears
28. Derek Carr, Las Vegas Raiders
27. Gardner Minshew, Jacksonville Jaguars
26. Teddy Bridgewater, Carolina Panthers
25. Ryan Tannehill, Tennessee Titans
24. Sam Darnold, New York Jets
23. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals
22. Daniel Jones, New York Giants
21. Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams
20. Philip Rivers, Indianapolis Colts
19. Jimmy Garoppolo, San Francisco 49ers
18. Drew Lock, Denver Broncos
17. Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns
16. Ben Roethsliberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
15. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills
14. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings
13. Cam Newton, New England Patriots
12. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
11. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

10. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals
9. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
8. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
7. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
6. Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagles
5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
4. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens
3. Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans
2. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs

This isn't JUST a Brees disrespekt thread, it's a discussion of the entire list. First of all, I don't think any rookie QB deserves to be listed. All of them should be ranked equally at the bottom of the list. I mean, hell, if we're going off of a rookie QB's final college season to rank them in the NFL, Joe Burrow would be top ten in that case. Other than that, this list is just a mess. Almost like they didn't even write it with clickbait intentions or make the list intentionally controversial. It's like they just listed the names of all starting QB's (and we have to give Cam a spot too so his feelings wouldn't get hurt) and shuffled them around in three different tiers.

I, of course, think Brees deserves a spot in the top 10. Kyler Murray had a good rookie campaign but lets see how year 2 goes for him after DC's have had a full off-season of tape on him to study. He isn't a top 10 QB, yet, IMO. I'd take Drew Brees heading into this season over any QB in the league and not even think twice about it. Not only because he's a stud playing the position, but he's got 14 years of offensive schemes that he's created and perfected with Payton over all that time.

The ones that are head scratchers to me are really Wentz coming in at 6. No, he is not the sixth best QB in the NFL. Eagles fans would likely agree. Watson, Stafford, Prescott, Ryan and Murray all have a little more winning to do before they get ranked ahead of guys like Brady, Brees, Rivers (ridiculously low ranking) and Roethlisberger, IMO. I know, I know...it's about how they're going to produce in 2020, not over the history of their careers. Unless I missed it, not a single NFL QB had some magical procedure that's going to elevate their game from what was on the field last year (Jameis Winston finally getting LASIK could actually qualify, but that's neither here nor there). We know who all these guys are (Burrow and Tua not included)and what they bring to play on Sundays.

What do y'all think of the list?

I don't know how Cam Newton is Ranked Number 13?

But Brees ranked number 12 is a travesty.

Aaron Rogers ranked number 5? This reporter evidently doesn't watch much football

I don't know how Cam Newton is Ranked Number 13?

But Brees ranked number 12 is a travesty.

Aaron Rogers ranked number 5? This reporter evidently doesn't watch much football
That was my biggest takeaway. These clowns really think Drew Brees is only one spot better than Cam Newton? Wasn't his last good season his MVP and embarrassing refusal to recover a fumble with the SB on the line season? What was that? 2015? The whole list is just wrong with the exception of #1 and #2, IMO. I'd give them the nod as the two best right now. Thing is, put Brees's numbers from last year against theirs (and just average them for the games he missed) and how far apart are those three? 1, 2 and 12? IMO, you could list them as any order of one through three based on the regular season alone.

Drew Brees QBR: 116.3
Mahomes: 105.3
Wilson: 106.3
Jackson: 113.3
Rodgers: 95.4
Wentz: 93.1
Watson: 98
Stafford 106
Prescott: 99.7
Ryan: 92.1
Murray: 87.4

On that alone, which encompasses a QB's entire game, there is only 1 person within 10 points of Drew but there are eleven QB's ranked ahead of him. Nonsense. Whatever though. This is all just talk. If we actually have a season, I'm wiling to bet it is one of the best all around seasons of Drew's entire career.

So their arguement for Stafford being #7 is he was on pace to throw for almost 5,000 and 38 td's and 10 int's before getting hurt.

Want to know what Brees' numbers would have been last year if you take out the Rams game he got hurt in and extrapolate it over 16 games?

4,706 yards 43 td's and 5 ints. Oh and completing 74% of his passes vs the 64.3% of Stafford.

Looks pretty optimistic for some of those names especially the ones rated higher than Brass and lower than Lamar Jackson.

This isn't JUST a Brees disrespekt thread, it's a discussion of the entire list. First of all, I don't think any rookie QB deserves to be listed. All of them should be ranked equally at the bottom of the list. I mean, hell, if we're going off of a rookie QB's final college season to rank them in the NFL, Joe Burrow would be top ten in that case. Other than that, this list is just a mess. Almost like they didn't even write it with clickbait intentions or make the list intentionally controversial. It's like they just listed the names of all starting QB's (and we have to give Cam a spot too so his feelings wouldn't get hurt) and shuffled them around in three different tiers.

I, of course, think Brees deserves a spot in the top 10. Kyler Murray had a good rookie campaign but lets see how year 2 goes for him after DC's have had a full off-season of tape on him to study. He isn't a top 10 QB, yet, IMO. I'd take Drew Brees heading into this season over any QB in the league and not even think twice about it. Not only because he's a stud playing the position, but he's got 14 years of offensive schemes that he's created and perfected with Payton over all that time.

The ones that are head scratchers to me are really Wentz coming in at 6. No, he is not the sixth best QB in the NFL. Eagles fans would likely agree. Watson, Stafford, Prescott, Ryan and Murray all have a little more winning to do before they get ranked ahead of guys like Brady, Brees, Rivers (ridiculously low ranking) and Roethlisberger, IMO. I know, I know...it's about how they're going to produce in 2020, not over the history of their careers. Unless I missed it, not a single NFL QB had some magical procedure that's going to elevate their game from what was on the field last year (Jameis Winston finally getting LASIK could actually qualify, but that's neither here nor there). We know who all these guys are (Burrow and Tua not included)and what they bring to play on Sundays.

What do y'all think of the list?
Their top five ain't bad, but they start to slip up when they have Matthew Stafford ahead of Brees.

So exactly which NFL coach would rather have Trubisky over our 3rd string Taysom Hill?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom