Top 5 reasons our secondary looked bad last season and will be improved this season. (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
5. Injuries

4.Ken Flajole

3. Zone coverage with man corners

2. No pass rush

1. No pass rush + zone coverage = disaster

Hopefully Greer stays healthy

Most of this will sort itself out Flajole is gone and his replacement can't help but be an improvement.

Man in zone out which plays to the strengths of our DB's

Pass rush will be improved which will help the coverage immensely..

I think our secondary should be given a break Soags put them behind the 8-ball last year and given the circumstances even Revis would have struggled some.

Not buying 4 and 5, but 1, 2, and 3 are absolutely dead on target.

No pass rush and Square pegs in round holes. Even bad QB's will pick that apart all game long.

why was is bad the previous 3 years? back till sharper left?

QB pressure is the biggest IMO and always has been, kind of miss GW. . . .Looking forward to RR !

I think GW's last season was poor and last year under Spags was the pits but our D in 2010 gets a bad rep (mostly due to how it came apart at the seams in Seattle) but we were solid that year overall. We lacked the turnovers from the previous season but we were outstanding in some games I can recall, especially Minnesota and Pittsburgh at home and away to the Falcons on MNF. I'm pretty sure we finished top 5 overall D that year.

I'm hoping Rob Ryan can produce a D that lends itself to SP's 'Do Your Job' mantra, maybe not the most talented bunch in the first season but solid enough to help compliment Brees and Co. Anywhere between 18th and 22nd total D would be a big help.

Not buying 4 and 5, but 1, 2, and 3 are absolutely dead on target.

No pass rush and Square pegs in round holes. Even bad QB's will pick that apart all game long.

For 5 if not for Greer getting injured Corey White would not have played as much and Flajole didn't have these guy ready for zone and him being fired is further proof.

In 06,09, and 11, we had our best seasons under Payton. The defense was ranked around 12th, 15th and 19th in sacks.

For all the years we missed the playoffs or were one and done, we were in the bottom 10.

1. Patrick Robinson can't catch a cold.
2. Patrick Robinson has the awareness of a wet brick.
3. Patrick Robinson is as good as Jessica Simpson in run support.
4-1000. Patrick Robinson and Roman harper in the secondary= the worst defense in the History of the NFL.

P.S.
Harper is a great tackler, but he is an absolute liability in coverage. Has been his entire career. He doesn't have ball skills, so he is never looking for the pick, he is always going for the hit. The ball has to be tipped, or pretty much hit him in the stomach for him to catch it (though he did make a pretty good scoop grab during this season).

1. Patrick Robinson can't catch a cold.
2. Patrick Robinson has the awareness of a wet brick.
3. Patrick Robinson is as good as Jessica Simpson in run support.
4-1000. Patrick Robinson and Roman harper in the secondary= the worst defense in the History of the NFL.

P.S.
Harper is a great tackler, but he is an absolute liability in coverage. Has been his entire career. He doesn't have ball skills, so he is never looking for the pick, he is always going for the hit. The ball has to be tipped, or pretty much hit him in the stomach for him to catch it (though he did make a pretty good scoop grab during this season).

Smh I so tired of this pat Rob is a man to man press corner, that's all he played in college. Spags comes over and tries to make him a zone corner. And to top it off there was no pressure. We watch drew brees stand in the pocket all game and pick apart zone defense. Zone only works with pressure.

Smh I so tired of this pat Rob is a man to man press corner, that's all he played in college. Spags comes over and tries to make him a zone corner. And to top it off there was no pressure. We watch drew brees stand in the pocket all game and pick apart zone defense. Zone only works with pressure.

Glad its not just me that can see Robinson can play in the right system. These guys criticising him should try playing CB, its the hardest position on defense and if you make a mistake you give up a score. Give the guy a break.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom