Article Top Five NFL Defenses that Travel Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Right now, in the National Football League, there are about five to six teams that you can legitimately say they can win a Super Bowl title right now. At least five of those teams have one thing in common. They all have a great defense that can dominate no matter what environment they are playing in for the time being.

Top Five NFL Defenses that Travel Power Rankings

Schedule notwithstanding, the Pat's average of 6.9 points allowed per game is staggering.

But you have to look at the schedule:
Dolphins, Jets twice, Redskins and Giants

If the Saints played the SEC East, they would have played better teams than the Patriots.

I am not big on disparaging "garbage time stats". Great teams don't allow garbage stats. They stop you no matter what. And the NFL doesn't keep "garbage time" stats, they keep stats. That being said, the Saints seem to be dominant until the end of a half. I don't understand it. Maybe they are playing prevent but whatever they are doing, I, as a fan, am hoping they STOP doing it and put a lid and clamp it down on opponents. Just squash all of their hopes, desires, and dreams early and often.

Schedule notwithstanding, the Pat's average of 6.9 points allowed per game is staggering.
The have the easest schedule of all 32 teams! #32 in Strength of Schedule. No wonder they have the stats that they do.

I am not big on disparaging "garbage time stats". Great teams don't allow garbage stats. They stop you no matter what. And the NFL doesn't keep "garbage time" stats, they keep stats. That being said, the Saints seem to be dominant until the end of a half. I don't understand it. Maybe they are playing prevent but whatever they are doing, I, as a fan, am hoping they STOP doing it and put a lid and clamp it down on opponents. Just squash all of their hopes, desires, and dreams early and often.

The Saints would have better "garbage time stats" if Payton wasn't pulling Jordan, Davenport, Rankins, Brown, Davis, and Klein late in games when the outcome is all but official. Jordan played less than 70% of the snaps against the Bears. Payton would rather have a fresh and healthy defensive front for December, January, and February, than pretty stats.

The Saints would have better "garbage time stats" if Payton wasn't pulling Jordan, Davenport, Rankins, Brown, Davis, and Klein late in games when the outcome is all but official. Jordan played less than 70% of the snaps against the Bears. Payton would rather have a fresh and healthy defensive front for December, January, and February, than pretty stats.
That would be a big affirmative!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom