Top Minivan (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
We are looking into buying a new minivan.

Is the Honda Odyssey the best?

Any opinions would be appreciated. thanks.

My wife drives a 2005 Sienna. She really likes it.

The Honda has consistently been rated the best. However there are alternatives in the crossover vehicles you may wish to consider. The Ford Edge and later Saturn Outlook are excellent alternatives.

We bought a 2005 last December. Mrs. Air Horn loves it. If momma's happy, I'm happy!

Seriously, it drives great, plenty power, electric sliding doors are handy. If it had Stow-N-Go seats, it would be just about perfect.

We bought a 2005 last December. Mrs. Air Horn loves it. If momma's happy, I'm happy!

Seriously, it drives great, plenty power, electric sliding doors are handy. If it had Stow-N-Go seats, it would be just about perfect.

Gotta say, I loooooove my 2005 Grand Caravan because of the Stow-N-Go seats....best feature ever.

yes, wife and i were minvan haters till we had a kid and now one on the way.

its difficult getting a 2 year old loaded in the SUV and so imagine how it is for my wife, and then get another kid or two.

when I saw my friends remotely open both doors and watch their 4 kids jump into the car it started to change my opinion.

My little mother in law looks ridiculous trying to climb into my sister-in-laws Sequoia (still would like one in the family, though)

Honda actually has a pretty nice looking van, just wish it had AWD or 4WD option....and have just learned it does not have stow-n-go (Toyota does though I think)

its difficult getting a 2 year old loaded in the SUV and so imagine how it is for my wife, and then get another kid or two.

when I saw my friends remotely open both doors and watch their 4 kids jump into the car it started to change my opinion.

My little mother in law looks ridiculous trying to climb into my sister-in-laws Sequoia (still would like one in the family, though)

Honda actually has a pretty nice looking van, just wish it had AWD or 4WD option....and have just learned it does not have stow-n-go (Toyota does though I think)

We were the same way. A sedan with 1 kid was doable, but when the second one came along, a van was necessary. Now we have 4 kids, and couldn't live without ours.

When we bought ours, I was going to drive it because my wife wanted nothing to do with it - she was driving a Jaguar at the time. But after about 2 months of hitting her head being 8 months pregnant, and then after the 2nd one was born, hitting both of the kids' heads constantly, she realized how useful the van was. Now you couldn't steal it away from her.

The Honda does not have stow-n-go, but I tell you, I don't ever fold down my seats, so I can't see how this would be any advantage to me. The new model does have a 60/40 split folding 3rd seat, whereas my 2000 Odyssey only has the "100/0 non-split" (;)) folding 3rd seat. That I definitely see as a great benefit and I wouldn't mind having that.

In exchange for the added storage that the Dodge gives in the stow-n-go format (when the seats are up, you can use that area in the floor as storage), the Honda offers in floor storage in a different format.

Does Dodge still offer the AWD version? I didn't see that in their '07 model.

Last edited:

We looked at the Highlander first, but didn't like how little room there was inside. My wife was apprehensive about the Sienna because it was a "mini-van", but it grew on her as she test drove it. It's very roomy. And yes, it has the stow-and-go seats. Those work great for buying things that won't fit in my Camry, and they're simple to fold down, then put back in place.

I don't think you could go wrong with either the Honda or Toyota.

The ex and I bought a Town & Country a couple years ago and loved it. As much as I hated the stigma of a mini-van, we honestly could not have lived without it. (Came in very handy when running from Katrina)

I do really like the Odyssey though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom