Torn Rotator Cuff part II (1 Viewer)

OldSaintFan

USM Golden Eagles
Reaction score
Well, I had my MRI last week, went to the Dr. Tuesday and found out that I did tear my Rotator Cuff. He said that " I ripped the sucker right off the bone". I go back next Monday to schedule my surgery. This thing really hurts now even with my taking Lortab. Surgery is the only solution to fix this so I am going to have it done.

Yeah it wont reattach itself.. Take it from someone who knows, listen to your therapist and do the exercises so you will regain full strength and range of motion.

How'd you tear it? I've been lifting weights, and I've had to stop increasing my weight on some exercises (shoulder presses, dumbbell presses, etc.) because I'm paranoid that something like that could happen.

Tearing muscles or ligaments are no fun. I tore my ACL a few years ago, and while it's obviously a really different injury, I know all about the pain/surgery/therapy/medical equipment. Yuck.

How'd you tear it? I've been lifting weights, and I've had to stop increasing my weight on some exercises (shoulder presses, dumbbell presses, etc.) because I'm paranoid that something like that could happen.

Tearing muscles or ligaments are no fun. I tore my ACL a few years ago, and while it's obviously a really different injury, I know all about the pain/surgery/therapy/medical equipment. Yuck.

Wasn't lifting weights (67 years old). I was playing Golf. I hit a drive, and my shoulder exploded. Went to my knees. Pretty painful.

Wow!!!! say goodbye to a restfull nights sleep for the next few months. I had my surgery July 17 and I still get stiff and sore at night. I had a minor tear and according to my Dr. and my theropist im way ahead of schedule on my rehab. Everytime I go in and see my Dr. he ask me if I've come up with a good reason for a 39 year old man to be bench pressing 325 lbs. My answer is still ego.

Best of luck and my prayers are with you. Whodat!

Best of luck and prayers to the OP. Been there, done that. Try to get sleep now as said above. After surgery and during recovery, you won't even entertain the thought of sleeping on that side of your body.

Had a partial tear of my rotator cuff back in 2001. What a nightmare. I couldn't sleep or sit comfortably for weeks. It still gets a little sore on occasion.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom