Total Wine just opened in Mandeville (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone really need 30,000 sq ft of alcohol? Its over-whelming.

Seriously, they have 2 aisles dedicated to micro brews and MICRO MICRO brews.

What i do like is they have half aisle of whiskey/bourbon/vodka/tequila of 375ml. Which i enjoy because i now spend $15-20 on a bourbon and if i dont care for, im not $50 into the bottle just sitting on shelf for others.

Is this a regional thing? I feel for the likes of Acquistipace and other small retailers ( which i will still shop at for my bourbons ) but to put in perspective, Basil Hayden at a few retailers is around $41-44. At Total Wine- $31. ( which was price point about 3-4 years ago )

We have one in Laurel, MD

Love it

Love trying different wine, beer & liquor

Did you stop and checkout their selection of the mini bottles?

Yes. Please support local shops. Pricing is very competitive in Louisiana, so with few exceptions you should be seeing similar pricing at Acquistipace, Martin, Rouses, etc.

Agreed. Total wine is nominally priced better on a few things, but Dorignac's has a bunch of stuff that's not at TW.

I still prefer Martin Wine Cellar

I stop almost every friday after work at Martin's to get a handle of Jim Beam. At $21.99 that is a fantastic price and the cheapest in town. They also have great wine selection and prices. I will check out Total Wine, but Martin is closer to my work and just looked and saw Total wine is based out of MD. Let's keep those $ in state.
Although I do like cheap liquor prices so I am all for competition.

I stop almost every friday after work at Martin's to get a handle of Jim Beam. At $21.99 that is a fantastic price and the cheapest in town. They also have great wine selection and prices. I will check out Total Wine, but Martin is closer to my work and just looked and saw Total wine is based out of MD. Let's keep those $ in state.
Although I do like cheap liquor prices so I am all for competition.

Rouses has pretty good prices and specials, too. I've been to Total Wine once to find a bottle of wine I've been looking for, but overall it was overwhelming. I did also find a cool bottle of gin for my Dad, but I don't think I'd go back unless I was with someone who really wanted to go. I live in Kenner, so I usually just go to Ricky's Discount Liquor. Their prices are very good and they are really nice and will order you whatever you want if they can. It's my go-to place. I really like Martin's, it's just out of the way for me, but I do pop in from time to time to see what kind of bourbon they have.

Did you stop and checkout their selection of the mini bottles?

they had em on little 4 ways by check out but one of the employees seemed to indicate there is its own section, so i guess i missed.

I had to leave. I was getting information overload. I grabbed a 375 of Basil, Bullit, a fifth of Blade and Bow and my Karbach Love Street and got the hell out. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom