Total Wine just opened in Mandeville (1 Viewer)

Agreed. Total wine is nominally priced better on a few things, but Dorignac's has a bunch of stuff that's not at TW.

I had gotten a bottle of 1792 small batch Full Proof that they had and no one else has had since.

There and Wegman's are the only places I can find Dogfish Head World Wide Stout. Yeah, it's expensive, but good.

we have had total wine in las vegas for years, they are amazing. You will all enjoy it.

I use their app, you can create lists, I have a list for wines I've tried and liked, so if I'm in there and looking for something I just pull up the app and go to that list. I also have a list for wine I want to try, I mainly browse through there booze selection at home and add wine or whiskey to a try list based on customer reviews. so when I'm in there shopping it isn't quite as overwhelming when I have some already picked out to try, it even tells you the location of where its at.

They have them hear in Atlanta. I like that I can purchase on-line and they bring it out to your car ala groceries. It beats driving around town looking for something specific.

However, the other day, I went to pick up an order and the wife, who rarely leaves the house now, decided to tag along. Since neither of us was actually getting out of the car, she didn't bother to grab her purse. Along with the kids, we all jump in the car, expecting to take a little ride afterwards. We get to Total Wine and as usual, she asked to see my ID. I always thought this was just to check that the order was mine...but Atlanta. You could be 85 and you get carded here. Whatever, I pull out my ID as is customary, she checks it and then asks to see my wife's ID. We looked at her, both of us with puzzled expressions. She explains that she needs to see the ID of everyone in the car for pick up orders. We explain she didn't have her ID so she said just be sure to bring it next time. Now. I'm trying to understand the extent and ramifications of this rule (something my wife would call being an *******). So I ask, "sorry about that, so does that mean next time my daughter can't come along as well?" She actually laughed like this was a ludicrous question. "LOL, no kids are fine just adults!" Then I ask, "what if you see my wife get out the car as you're approaching? She walks away. Do we have to wait until she's back in the car?" This time she's actually flustered by such a weird question, "no...no, why would I?...I'd check your ID and give you your delivery." Huh.

Attorney wife postulates that it's likely to catch some twenty-something year old from buying alcohol for high school kids or protect them from some other type of negligence. I just thought it was really odd. But hey, this is also the same place where you can buy alcohol all week long but come Sunday you can't buy it before 12:30 because apparently Georgians drink alcohol immediately upon purchase and show up to church in drunken rages or not all. I really dislike this town. I could start a thread on the shirt they do here that annoys me.

The Lafayette store opened about 2 months ago. I am a rum drinker. They have a large selection of rums which can't be found in any other store in town. Pyrat is amazing and is only 21.99. If you like rum, give it a try.

They have them hear in Atlanta. I like that I can purchase on-line and they bring it out to your car ala groceries. It beats driving around town looking for something specific.

However, the other day, I went to pick up an order and the wife, who rarely leaves the house now, decided to tag along. Since neither of us was actually getting out of the car, she didn't bother to grab her purse. Along with the kids, we all jump in the car, expecting to take a little ride afterwards. We get to Total Wine and as usual, she asked to see my ID. I always thought this was just to check that the order was mine...but Atlanta. You could be 85 and you get carded here. Whatever, I pull out my ID as is customary, she checks it and then asks to see my wife's ID. We looked at her, both of us with puzzled expressions. She explains that she needs to see the ID of everyone in the car for pick up orders. We explain she didn't have her ID so she said just be sure to bring it next time. Now. I'm trying to understand the extent and ramifications of this rule (something my wife would call being an *******). So I ask, "sorry about that, so does that mean next time my daughter can't come along as well?" She actually laughed like this was a ludicrous question. "LOL, no kids are fine just adults!" Then I ask, "what if you see my wife get out the car as you're approaching? She walks away. Do we have to wait until she's back in the car?" This time she's actually flustered by such a weird question, "no...no, why would I?...I'd check your ID and give you your delivery." Huh.

Attorney wife postulates that it's likely to catch some twenty-something year old from buying alcohol for high school kids or protect them from some other type of negligence. I just thought it was really odd. But hey, this is also the same place where you can buy alcohol all week long but come Sunday you can't buy it before 12:30 because apparently Georgians drink alcohol immediately upon purchase and show up to church in drunken rages or not all. I really dislike this town. I could start a thread on the shirt they do here that annoys me.

Why can’t you go to church drunk?

Total Wine is my favorite store, but the metropolitan Mobile area specifically the Eastern Shore needs it far more than anyplace in Louisiana.

Total Wine is my favorite store, but the metropolitan Mobile area specifically the Eastern Shore needs it far more than anyplace in Louisiana.
True Story. They could print money if they opened one on the same exit as Buc-ee's. Umm.... forget I just said that.

Lol first Falcons away game... Woke at 8am.went down to hotel store and toward beer fridge. Got to fridge and turned to buddy as I pulled on door. Almost ripped my arm off because I had no idea they were LOCKED. lady behind counter laughed and laughed and said "honey you won't be drinking til 12:30"

Well game starts at 1! We had to go near stadium (old GA Dome) to drink and even then didn't start serving til like 1130.

We were like eff this place man. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom