Toughest NFL schedule (1 Viewer)

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but just looked at the Saints 2019 schedule for the first time & wouldn't you know it? They have the hardest schedule of any team in the NFL. How do these things seem to happen repeatedly to this organization. it looks like the NFL made a real effort to put the Saints behind the eight ball as early as possible this year. Thanks Goodell, you low life.

Are you talking about the scheduling of the dates or the particular opponents themselves?

If the latter then your anger is misplaced -- the opponents are pre-determined by finishing place in your division from the previous year. That's the parity equalizer.

If the former, I don't find the schedule itself particulary awful this year.

It does feel that we have a top3 most difficult schedule year in and year out. But, when you are an NFC Championship participant and play in the toughest division and conference in the NFL, it’s probably going to happen a lot.

well, unless you're the patricheats...

[substitute AFC for NFC...]

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but just looked at the Saints 2019 schedule for the first time & wouldn't you know it? They have the hardest schedule of any team in the NFL. How do these things seem to happen repeatedly to this organization. it looks like the NFL made a real effort to put the Saints behind the eight ball as early as possible this year. Thanks Goodell, you low life.
Because we play in the most competitive division in the NFL and we have been finishing in the top of the conference for the last few years. That equates to a tougher schedule.

i don't mind it.. team will and should be battle tested this season and be ready should they make the playoffs. you can never win with schedules anyway you'll end up hearing who have they played narrative should they win with a easier schedule i've seen a few people on here say the same about other teams in the past.

Every off-season we have this thread. The schedule is pre-determined like decades in advance with the exception of two games that are based on where you finished in your division the prior season.

Nobody is making the Saints have a difficult schedule - opponents-wise. If there are issues with the scheduling of games (like Sunday night followed by a Thursday night road game) then some gripes make sense. But straight up opponents only? There are no choices made against the Saints.

In comparison I thought that mid season stretch of games (Ravens/Vikes, Rams, Eagles) last year was a whole lot tougher. Not to mention we played 3 games in 14 days during the month of November.

I think this team is battle tested and will "leave no doubt" this season.

This is what happens when you win the NFC South the last two years. You get the more difficult schedule.

The difficulty of a schedule will be determined after the season,not before based on last years standings. I can't remember the exact
year, but Dallas started the season with the easiest schedule on paper. The finished with the 2nd hardest after the games were played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom