Tour de France (1 Viewer)

Any idea when Vanderpoel will take the plunge for the Tour? That guy is insanely good.

Any idea when Vanderpoel will take the plunge for the Tour? That guy is insanely good.

I could not agree more he is great.

He is from a cycling family. His dad won two stages of the tdf. His grandfather also was a pro cyclist. I am sure he is getting good guidance.

Some guys just excel at classics and not huge tours.

I am sure he will eventually.

He is kinda heavy for a climber but anyone who is world class in cyclocross can handle a bike and is fit.

I would think he would be more of an all rounder. So in the tour he would then be a worker bee.

Keep an eye on wout van Aert. He is also a past cyclocross world champ. He is doing well good sprinter and great time trial Rider. Was wearing white the first few stages.

I guess the real answer is he has to be on a team that gets invited to the tour.

This is his classics highlights

What a day today!

You don’t get too many of these days that just scramble up the overall/GC standings - and you never know when you’re gonna get one, great drama.

What a day today!

You don’t get too many of these days that just scramble up the overall/GC standings - and you never know when you’re gonna get one, great drama.

It was a good one.

That is why the strong team is a s big a key to winning. Got it always be on your game. It truly is a team sport and obviously team leaders were caught sleeping.

Just like the crash of the entire inos team the stage before. The entire team sacrificed to get Thomas back at the front so he wouldn't loose any time.

The individual time trial stage 13 is gonna shake it up even more.

Yeah and Wout Van Aert got his first stage win!

My best bet would be Rigoberto Urán.

A Columbian and a great climber. The time trial is short this year that will help him not loose much time.

In fact this route is all about climbing even more so than normal.

Would like the sky/Ineos team not win.

You got the Colombian climber part right - and you got your team wish. Not bad I’d say!

I finally got to watch the last six stages, and wow - that’s how it should be every year in my mind. That was great competition, great drama.

Having the result be known for half the tour (as it often is) just waters it down. It’s supposed to be a “race” - it’s so much more fun when you actually get a race unfolding in the late stages. That’s why I’m hooked on Nascar. The wins are almost always contested late in the race. Racing is just cool.

You got the Colombian climber part right - and you got your team wish. Not bad I’d say!

I finally got to watch the last six stages, and wow - that’s how it should be every year in my mind. That was great competition, great drama.

Having the result be known for half the tour (as it often is) just waters it down. It’s supposed to be a “race” - it’s so much more fun when you actually get a race unfolding in the late stages. That’s why I’m hooked on Nascar. The wins are almost always contested late in the race. Racing is just cool.

Yeah the only one that really could have challenged in the mountains was Thibaut Pinot. His body did not hold up. Accually it never has three weeks is too long for his body.

Yep was a good tour because of the injuries to team ineos. Normally they power to a lead and have the horses to run anybody down. They are like rooting for the Yankees. They spend twice as much as any other team and stockpile talent. They have people that would be team leaders for anyone else running water bottles and food because they pay so much.

Was a very good tour though I just thought we would have more battles in the Alps.

The one thing they could do to really spice it all up is put the individual time trial on the last day.

On to other things now.

No real coverage about the crazy endurance racing but the Transcontinental Race is going on right now and about over. Can only read about it.

It is a much different race. Unsupported you pick your own route and fix your own bike get your own food. It is kinda nuts.

Starts at the Black Sea in Bulgaria and ends in on the french coast.

Right now a woman is leading she is a bad arse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom