Tourist Deaths in the Dominican Republic (1 Viewer)

MTDB1983

Very Banned
Reaction score

I believe this makes 7-8 in the last few months.

Nearly all were Myocardial Infarction. Along with Pulmonary Edema.

Nearly all drank from the hotels mini-bar. None had health problems to speak of.

Rumors flying that staff replaces Alcohol with methyl alcohol to save money. Others have said that thieves will steal the alcohol and replace it with methyl. They then will sell the alcohol on the streets for a premium.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I don’t think one could point to the fact that it’s only just now happening. I think it’s fair to say that it could have been happening for some time but that it hadn’t caught the ear of the MSM yet.

I believe this makes 7-8 in the last few months.

Nearly all were Myocardial Infarction. Along with Pulmonary Edema.

Nearly all drank from the hotels mini-bar. None had health problems to speak of.

Rumors flying that staff replaces Alcohol with methyl alcohol to save money. Others have said that thieves will steal the alcohol and replace it with methyl. They then will sell the alcohol on the streets for a premium.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I don’t think one could point to the fact that it’s only just now happening. I think it’s fair to say that it could have been happening for some time but that it hadn’t caught the ear of the MSM yet.

time to bring in the big guns

hotel-impossible.jpg

We declined drinking in DR hotels after this issue was raised in Mexico years ago
I'm seeing that Barbara from Shark Tank has a brother who died of a reported heart attack while down there, yet this warrants an investigation
\https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/12/barb...nican-republic-hotel-heart-attack-mysterious/

I've never seen a mini bar that dispenses like that and I'm sure I would have never drank from it. Then again, why wouldn't the same thing be happening in the hotel bar?

I don't have any info of tainted drinks being served in the hotel bar in DR yet they did in Mexico. Those mini bars aren't rare in DR. The ones in Rio and Antigua were standard mini bars

Last edited:
I've never seen a mini bar that dispenses like that and I'm sure I would have never drank from it. Then again, why wouldn't the same thing be happening in the hotel bar?
Hotel bar would be to difficult to hide just do to numbers. A single person here and there are more likely to be missed.

The Journal government report said the national health authority had seized more than 1.4 million gallons of adulterated alcohol since 2010 from hotels, entertainment establishments and other locations.
This was a lot more than mini bar action goin down in Mexico

The authorities are only making things worse. Everyone knows by now that this is a widespread issue in DR, so it should be avoided for the time being. Punta Cana is the Amsterdam of the Caribbean. I was surprised to see so many families there, as hustlers and whores would approach every 100 yards while I was alone. Beautiful and cheap vacation fits the bill, I reckon.

This was a lot more than mini bar action goin down in Mexico

Northern Quintana Roo receives 15-20 million visitors every year. Millions of people book into those all inclusive resorts and drink like fish, and thousands ingest or smoke anything they can get their hands on. There would've been many, many more deaths if it simply was bad booze that caused those deaths.

Northern Quintana Roo receives 15-20 million visitors every year. Millions of people book into those all inclusive resorts and drink like fish, and thousands ingest or smoke anything they can get their hands on. There would've been many, many more deaths if it simply was bad booze that caused those deaths.

Iocane powder...I'd bet my life on it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom