Toyota/Lexus Safety Issue/Recall (1 Viewer)

BHM

Can't please 'em all
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Issue is with the floor mats getting stuck on the accelerator causing unintended acceleration. One family already killed possibly from this issue.

The Toyota models affected include the 2007-2010 Camry, 2005-2010 Avalon, 2004-2009 Prius, 2005-2010 Tacoma and 2007-2010 Tundra. The Lexus models are the 2007-2010 ES 350, and the 2006-2010 IS 250 and IS 350.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/29/new...s_floor_mats/index.htm?postversion=2009092918

This part is a little funny and scary...

The Japanese automaker warned owners that if they think their vehicle is accelerating out of control, they should check to see whether their floor mat is under the pedal. If a driver can't remove the floor mat, Toyota advises drivers to step on the brake pedal with both feet until the vehicle slows and then try to put it into neutral and switch the ignition to accessory power.

For vehicles with engine start/stop buttons, Toyota said the engine can be shut off by holding the button down for three seconds.

So, if you find yourself flying down the road at 110 miles an hour, reach down and try and pull the mat off the pedal. Sounds safe to me. But if that fails to work, try and remember while you are driving at dangerously high speeds avoiding objects on the road that if you hold down the off button, it will kill your engine.

I am interested. My 09 Tacomas has these mats! Can we get an upgrade? :D

the instructions should read: First, hang up your cell phone...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom