Toys R Us Buyer Protection Plan (1 Viewer)

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this? Right now, my experience is a bad one with this company. My son's Madden 08 Wii game got scratched and the console couldn't read the disc. So I mailed it to this company for a replacement, which is what the contract states. Now after over a month of being without the game(it's his favorite btw), we get it back on Monday, and the damn thing is still broken. When the error message displayed on the screen, my son feel face down on the bed bawling his eyes out. Needless to say, I'm quite pe'od. I called them back this morning and they told me to mail it to them again. I kept pushing for an explanation, but the 19 yr old, minimum wage person kept telling me to just mail it back.

Sorry, I guess I'm venting here, but I'm just curious if anyone has had an experience using this "protection plan"?

Have you ever tried one of those scratch doctor things or whatever. I hear they work good and I think some people here have them. Might be a better solution.

Have you ever tried one of those scratch doctor things or whatever. I hear they work good and I think some people here have them. Might be a better solution.

Yeah, but the scratch is too deep. The guy at Gamestop told me that if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, then it's likely it is deep enough to mess up the data layer.

This company ran it through a scratch removing machine as well, and then sent me a note saying the disc performed to factory specifications and that if it still didn't play, it was likely the game player. B.S. They didn't even test it. When you try to play a football game, you get the disc read error message. You can change other settings and stuff, but when you select to play a game, it dies. I don't know about you, but that's kind of the heart of the game.

i dont know if this is ok to talk about but, just bring it back to walmart, you dont need a receipt and as long as the game is in stock you get a new one. You are allowed to put three per houshold per year using you drivers license. hope this is ok to say but it is there company policy not mine, just something to think about next time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom