Saints TQS (1 Viewer)

He had that great game vs Philly then just disappeared. I don't want to chalk it up to bust pick since he's going into his third year but you should atleast see his promise which we haven't seen outside of that Philly game in his rookie year.

Saints should be fine with Saunders and Cooks teaming with Thomas, the Saints at this point need some young talent to benefit from the vets in front of them and if it's not going to be TQS, we have Harris, Humphrey and Butler to hopefully seize the opportunity...namely Harris who I think will make some big plays in this offense.

I really think TQS shows up big this year. He has taken some big shots so has injuries but has already gained Drew's trust so something is there. Hope I am right and also hope he puts work in the off-season to shore up as well.

MT13 wont be on the team next year from what I heard. He and Kamara will be traded and will get Burrow with the1st pick.

I am confused that this wr group, MT included, never laterals the ball. I saw at least 4 plays where TQS was cleared from blocking for MT and defender engaged with MT but his hands were free and TQS had space. This is something we used to practice back in the day but I don't see any teams really doing anymore. Is it just me?

many people in this thread have already hit the nail on the head. Michael Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Jared Cook and Alvin Kamara will all be pass options ahead of TQS. That 5th WR, whoever it may be, will not get very many touches at all.

And if we draft a WR, that will further push TQS down the depth chart.

I don’t expect any significant contribution from TQS.
I am with you. We need better options even if it is a finally productive version of TQS (which seems unlikely but I would take it!). I would prefer to bring in substantial competition than waiting for him to be healthy and "get it." Meach did take a while to be productive, but we have 2 or more examples for every Meach (Toon, Arrington, Hass). Other drafted WR's showed something by this point (CGM, Stills, Cooks, Colston). So, odds seem against a turnaround.

We will see if he's capable of seizing the opportunity. The focus will be on Thomas and Sanders which should provide the opportunity for him to shine. If he wants it, I think it'll be there to take, this year.

Remember how good he was in his first training camp? Every day, there'd be a story about TQS just killing it out there. The dude had Stephone Anthony level Training Camp buzz.

That should have been our first sign something was wrong :)

Training camp can certainly be a mirage. Smith looked like a steal his first training camp. Most of us (including me) thought he was going to be a draft steal. Instead during the regular season he looked like what he was - a third round pick. A team tight against the cap doesn’t go out and spend the money the Saints did on Emmanuel Sanders if they thought one of their young guys were going to break out.

Same goes for 2019 training camp phenom Emmanuel Butler. Last year the hype was through the roof. The buzz was Butler was killing it in camp, had incredible hands, and veteran like demeanor. Of course this turned out mostly to be the sportsmedia desperately searching for something/anything to talk about. While I don’t doubt Butler had a nice training camp the fact the WR weak 2019 Saints called up guys like Lil’ Jordan Humphries and Keith Kirkwood before Butler told me everything I needed to know. There was little to no hype about another UDFA - some guy named Deonte Harris.

This year it will probably be another late round/ UDFA WR that is hyped up during TC. Just take it with a grain of salt.

A team tight against the cap doesn’t go out and spend the money the Saints did on Emmanuel Sanders if they thought one of their young guys were going to break out.

Smartest thing said this thread. TQS might break out; he might not break out.

But the Saints have shown us, by their actions, that they do not expect him to break out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom