tracey Porter may soon sign with saints (1 Viewer)

While that could be the case, bleacher report is not a credible source to quote. It is simply a fans' blog.

Would u prefer ESPN? NFL.com? How about going look at some of his play yourself from recent years.

He didn't appear to have the same explosive quickness and transition speed as he did in previous years."

Nnamdi! OK, so it doesn't feel the same - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Nnamdi Asomugha under fire with Philadelphia Eagles - NFL.com

Casserly even mentioned himself ... "The guy can't run anymore". Seen him get burned by Julio Jones?

From Mosher:
“The Eagles’ secondary could be completely blown up. One source with direct knowledge of the their personnel said Nnamdi Asomugha can’t run anymore and another said Asomugha is best suited for a Cover 2 defense.”

“Regarding Asomugha, one former Eagles coach said the corner’s game had declined years ago, which means the three teams that hotly pursued Asomugha after the lockout — the Eagles, Cowboys and Jets — were more enticed by the name than they were dedicated to studying the tape.”
And the criticisms weren’t limited to his declining physical skills.

The Picture Isn

No need for an article really. Only teams interested are us and the 49ers. That should be evidence enough. I'm just saying.

I won't believe TP signing with the Saints unless I see some sort of related message cut into his hair.

No link sorry. Heard it via a phone convo. My homie and his fiancé went to the game. She went to high school with him. He recognized Payton, she recognized Porter.

So, were going after a guy that "can't run anymore" and a guy who can't stay healthy. I love Porter for the memories but he can't stay healthy for a full season.

I think we're just excited to have someone, anyone who might be better than what we've got.

Worst....defense....ever.

The last time we saw Tracy Porter play most of a season he was the third worst CB in the league followed by being benched the next year by his new team.

That's the last thing the worst defense ever needs.

I think we're just excited to have someone, anyone who might be better than what we've got.

Which is ironic since all the facts point to Porter not even being better then Robinson. In 2011 Porter was so horrid that Robinson took his starting spot and allowed a full 20% lower completion rate to QB's then Porter did. I'd rather have Elbert Mack back who at least showed some serious flashes last season and doesn't have all the injury problems.

But you are right. It's more about just being excited to have someone.

So, were going after a guy that "can't run anymore" and a guy who can't stay healthy. I love Porter for the memories but he can't stay healthy for a full season.

Good points, but I'd assume the Saints have done their due diligence on Nnamdi to determine if he has truly lost his ability to run. Seems to me that that would be fairly easy to determine by our staff. It is definitely the only question mark about him, albeit a giant one.

Porter, meh, I kinda agree with you that he's a fragile player. I'd be OK with the signing as a back-up (on the boudaries, NOT as a NB) but I'd be hesitant to depend on him as a starter. I view him as an above average back-up, but a below average starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom