tracey Porter may soon sign with saints (1 Viewer)

Even though T. Porter has been here before, there are times when a player as a change of scenery ...that lights a fire under them.

a. Who would have figured the following players would be that much BETTER after leaving the Saints:

1) Wes Chandler (to the Chargers)
2) Rickey Jackson (to the 49'ers)
3) Billy Kilmer (despite his age: to the Redskins)
4) Sam Mills (to the Panthers)
5) Reggie Bush (to the Dolphins)

b. Who would have figured the following players would be that much BETTER after joining the Saints:

1) Joe Horn (from the Chiefs)
2) Mike McKenzie (from the Packers)
3) Darren Sharper (despite his age: from the Vikings)
4) ahem, **cough, cough** Drew Brees (from the Chargers)
5) Jabari Greer (from the Bills) ---he was injured last season, and production fell

The bottom line: Never rule out the possibility of a player arriving at Airline Drive... with a chip on their shoulder. Not saying that will be the case with T.P., but don't rule it out.

:gosaints:

I'm grateful for the big ints during the playoffs in 09, but TP was about an average CB. Can't see how this would be a significant upgrade.

As a Dimeback his is a significant upgrade. And that's what he would be. And, he was an above average CB who also happened to be a guy with the knack to make big plays at critical times. He would be great depth for this team.

If he could just stay healthy! I'm not going to turn my nose up to Porter as a potential Dime Back. It's not like we would breaking the bank and asking him to our #1 CB. He would be a cheap depth signing with little risk.

But none of that matters if he's hurt though.

tracyporter.jpg

I'm all good either way. We can roll with what we got.

I'm getting excited about this draft, Nick Toon, Running the ball, Rob running the D, Sean showing no mercy, double TE looks, tez, junior...etc.

Via @DougTatum
Coach Payton told FOX 8's Jennifer Hale that something could happen soon with Tracy Porter

I'd rather Aso. Tracy is a hero, but he didn't leave the city playing the best ball and he didn't play very well in Denver when he was on the field last year.

Tracy Porter gets a lifetime contract to be a Saint as far as I'm concerned...

He would be an upgrade over P-Rob IMO. I'd like to see him back in B&G.

Not even close to being an upgrade over Robinson.

Edit: That being said, I'd still welcome Tracy back, I think he can contribute.

Even though T. Porter has been here before, there are times when a player as a change of scenery ...that lights a fire under them.

a. Who would have figured the following players would be that much BETTER after leaving the Saints:

1) Wes Chandler (to the Chargers)
2) Rickey Jackson (to the 49'ers)
3) Billy Kilmer (despite his age: to the Redskins)
4) Sam Mills (to the Panthers)
5) Reggie Bush (to the Dolphins)

b. Who would have figured the following players would be that much BETTER after joining the Saints:

1) Joe Horn (from the Chiefs)
2) Mike McKenzie (from the Packers)
3) Darren Sharper (despite his age: from the Vikings)
4) ahem, **cough, cough** Drew Brees (from the Chargers)
5) Jabari Greer (from the Bills) ---he was injured last season, and production fell

The bottom line: Never rule out the possibility of a player arriving at Airline Drive... with a chip on their shoulder. Not saying that will be the case with T.P., but don't rule it out.

:gosaints:

Appreciate your point, but gotta question a few of those examples

1) Rickey Jackson did not get better with SF, he won a ring. He was clearly in the twilight of his career when he left us.
2) Sam Mills got better with Carolina??? I think he was plenty good enough with us, maybe his legacy grew there, but not his level of play.

And Ricky Williams and Chuck Muncie would probably be better examples than Reggie at RB

On the other side...

1) Was Mike McKenzie really better with us? I thought he was pretty good already with Green Bay...

Just nit picking!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom