Tracker: Democratic 2020 presidential candidates (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Time to start tracking who is running:

Elizabeth Warren
Tulsi Gabbard
Julian Castro
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
Pete Buttigieg
John Delaney
Richard Ojeda
Andrew Yang
Amy Klobuchar
Cory Booker
Bernie Sanders
Beto O'Rourke
John Hickenlooper
Jay Inslee

Wayne Messam
Marianne Williamson
Tim Ryan
Eric Swalwell

Joe Biden
Seth Moulton
Michael Bennett
Steve Bullock
Bill de Blasio
Tom Steyer

List updated August 23

Bios at The Chicago Tribune

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'm a Bernie/Tulsi guy, but O'Rourke seems to have a lot of momentum right now. While I do like that he has refused PAC money, he's a little vanilla for my taste. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
I'm a Bernie/Tulsi guy, but O'Rourke seems to have a lot of momentum right now. While I do like that he has refused PAC money, he's a little vanilla for my taste. What do you guys think?
I know someone who was working with his campaign at the very beginning. She says he's sincere, which doesn't mean he's without flaws, just that he means and does what he says. If he runs, I'm voting for him.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As someone who has never voted for a Democrat for POTUS in my life, I haven't had any input into who they have chosen to run for the office on that side since I started voting in 1972. However, it is an option for me in 2020 so I will be paying a bit more attention to their primaries. In the early going there haven't been any that I have been able to say that I hope they run, but from among the possibilities that I know of, there are two that are emerging as "favorites" (if I can use the term loosely).

It may be because of temperament, but I have developed a respect for Sen. Kristen Gillibrand. The other might be surprising, but I find myself truly liking Sen. Kamala Harris, warts and all. There is no doubt that I have philosophical differences with each of them and that will be true of any Democrat that wins the nomination. But if the election were held today and Trump is the Republican nominee, I would have no trouble casting my ballot for a Democrat for the first time, especially if it were one of these two women. Obviously, that could change over time as I learn more about them, but those two would probably be my frontrunners.

Last edited:

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
I honestly didn't get the hype on him. Struck me as super bland and unengaging in everything I saw of him. Can't see the identity politics wing of the Democratic party being happy with a white guy, either. But who knows.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly didn't get the hype on him. Struck me as super bland and unengaging in everything I saw of him. Can't see the identity politics wing of the Democratic party being happy with a white guy, either. But who knows.
I really don't believe they like him any better than dozens of other, more accomplished possibilities. Not that he and Trump are anything alike, but I believe Beto's popularity is just a part of the cult of personality that has provided us with the current occupant of the White House.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't believe they like him any better than dozens of other, more accomplished possibilities. Not that he and Trump are anything alike, but I believe Beto's popularity is just a part of the cult of personality that has provided us with the current occupant of the White House.
Possibly, but charisma matters. We're living in the times that prove it.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Knowing Harris better from being attorney general here in California I seriously hope she runs. More of a centralist Democrat in many ways.
I don't see her so much as centrist as I see her as a law and order Democrat. That has some appeal. I heard a speech she gave in a San Francisco church that was pretty impressive. She was speaking to some of the people who know her best, so she seemed more comfortable and less someone who was playing to the cameras. I like that Harris.

I still think she would have a tough time in a national race. During the primaries, some of her negatives would be exposed, but I believe she could overcome those. It's pretty hard to live a squeaky clean life on the off chance that you could run for president one day. I much prefer her to most of the contenders on the Democrat side that I am familiar with. As I said, that could change before 2020.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Saints roster cuts tracker, instant analysis ahead of training camp deadline SR News Page Articles 0
Tracker: Saints begin cuts to meet 80-man roster limit after preseason is cancelled Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Marcus Davenport on Cam Jordan Motivation | Saints Training Camp 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Marcus Williams on Saints DBs, Jared Cook | Saints Training Camp 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Jared Cook on Year 2 w/ Drew Brees at 2020 Saints Training Camp SR News Page Articles 0
Rex Chapman on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 13, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Falcons ready to underwhelm again in 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 13, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-13-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
The Saints defense wants to be top five in 2020 and why it can be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: No fans, silent Superdome for Saints opener another reminder of weird 2020 season ahead Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints officially announce Week 1 2020 home opener will be played without fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Alvin Kamara reveals 2019 injury and new offseason approach to prepare for 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-12-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Jack N/S Hard Knocks 2020 On HBO Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 11, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-11-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints Post-cutdown 2020 53-man roster projection Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Top 25 Saints of 2020: No. 7, Terron Armstead SR News Page Articles 0
insidejob Opinion Top 33 Quarterbacks for 2020 NFL Season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Swin Cash & Caron Butler on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
3 big questions to consider as Saints prepare for 2020 season and beyond Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Complex Kid The Ringer: Could 2020 Be the End of the Saints’ High-Wire Act? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-10-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 9, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Marcus Davenport's goal for 2020? Outplay Cameron Jordan SR News Page Articles 0
Poll: If You Were an NFL Player, Would You Opt-Out for 2020 Season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
ktmoze Projecting the Tight Ends to make the Saints 53-Man Roster in 2020 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 7, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Why Saints' Marcus Davenport will have a T.J. Watt-type edge rusher breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Inside Look: Saints Media Day 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - August 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 6: Sean Payton speaks on coaches opting out of the 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Top 2020 training camp battles for Saints: Backup quarterback, receiver and tight end all question marks SR News Page Articles 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Nicolò Melli media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-5-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Team Preview Series: New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 4, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-4-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Preview: Saints are back but a lot depends on Drew Brees, on and off the field SR News Page Articles 0
Eric Hasseltine on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
NFL needs to create a bubble plan for 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-1-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - August 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0