Tracker: Democratic 2020 presidential candidates (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Time to start tracking who is running:

Elizabeth Warren
Tulsi Gabbard
Julian Castro
Kirsten Gillibrand
Kamala Harris
Pete Buttigieg
John Delaney
Richard Ojeda
Andrew Yang
Amy Klobuchar
Cory Booker
Bernie Sanders
Beto O'Rourke
John Hickenlooper
Jay Inslee
John Delaney
Wayne Messam
Marianne Williamson
Tim Ryan
Eric Swalwell
Joe Biden
Seth Moulton
Michael Bennett
Steve Bullock
Bill de Blasio

List updated April 5 from information provided by The Chicago Tribune

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Joe Biden was quoted recently as saying he's "The most qualified person to hold the Office."

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Heathen Saint

#Sanders2020
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a Bernie/Tulsi guy, but O'Rourke seems to have a lot of momentum right now. While I do like that he has refused PAC money, he's a little vanilla for my taste. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
I'm a Bernie/Tulsi guy, but O'Rourke seems to have a lot of momentum right now. While I do like that he has refused PAC money, he's a little vanilla for my taste. What do you guys think?
I know someone who was working with his campaign at the very beginning. She says he's sincere, which doesn't mean he's without flaws, just that he means and does what he says. If he runs, I'm voting for him.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Kamala Harris still kicking the idea around. Decision one way or the other hasn’t been made yet.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As someone who has never voted for a Democrat for POTUS in my life, I haven't had any input into who they have chosen to run for the office on that side since I started voting in 1972. However, it is an option for me in 2020 so I will be paying a bit more attention to their primaries. In the early going there haven't been any that I have been able to say that I hope they run, but from among the possibilities that I know of, there are two that are emerging as "favorites" (if I can use the term loosely).

It may be because of temperament, but I have developed a respect for Sen. Kristen Gillibrand. The other might be surprising, but I find myself truly liking Sen. Kamala Harris, warts and all. There is no doubt that I have philosophical differences with each of them and that will be true of any Democrat that wins the nomination. But if the election were held today and Trump is the Republican nominee, I would have no trouble casting my ballot for a Democrat for the first time, especially if it were one of these two women. Obviously, that could change over time as I learn more about them, but those two would probably be my frontrunners.

Last edited:

Sun Wukong

Never run out of Colt 45
Reaction score
I honestly didn't get the hype on him. Struck me as super bland and unengaging in everything I saw of him. Can't see the identity politics wing of the Democratic party being happy with a white guy, either. But who knows.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I honestly didn't get the hype on him. Struck me as super bland and unengaging in everything I saw of him. Can't see the identity politics wing of the Democratic party being happy with a white guy, either. But who knows.
I really don't believe they like him any better than dozens of other, more accomplished possibilities. Not that he and Trump are anything alike, but I believe Beto's popularity is just a part of the cult of personality that has provided us with the current occupant of the White House.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't believe they like him any better than dozens of other, more accomplished possibilities. Not that he and Trump are anything alike, but I believe Beto's popularity is just a part of the cult of personality that has provided us with the current occupant of the White House.
Possibly, but charisma matters. We're living in the times that prove it.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Knowing Harris better from being attorney general here in California I seriously hope she runs. More of a centralist Democrat in many ways.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Knowing Harris better from being attorney general here in California I seriously hope she runs. More of a centralist Democrat in many ways.
I don't see her so much as centrist as I see her as a law and order Democrat. That has some appeal. I heard a speech she gave in a San Francisco church that was pretty impressive. She was speaking to some of the people who know her best, so she seemed more comfortable and less someone who was playing to the cameras. I like that Harris.

I still think she would have a tough time in a national race. During the primaries, some of her negatives would be exposed, but I believe she could overcome those. It's pretty hard to live a squeaky clean life on the off chance that you could run for president one day. I much prefer her to most of the contenders on the Democrat side that I am familiar with. As I said, that could change before 2020.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BobE New Orleans Pelicans Board 8