Saints Tracy Porter... and the "Beastmode" play in 2010 (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I guess you can call this "Saints Rewind."

Porter should have tackled him on that play, or at least slowed him down significantly. Tracy tried to be "Robert Meachem steals the ball vs. Redskins: The Sequel," instead of sticking to the fundamentals.

If you watch Tracy Porter approach Lynch (at the 0:10, 0:53, and 1:16 marks in the video below), he is trying to come in to grab the football... instead of making the tackle.

Watch the video closely:

Anyway... water under the bridge. :jpshakehead:

:gosaints:

I for one, blame The Shanle for completely getting destroyed, being the first defender to actually get a clean shot on Lynch. But he was never a sound tackler anyway, despite what his fanboys on this board thinks. Now, Lynch was known for trucking people, however, if The Shanle had just placed his body right in front of Lynch, then maybe someone else would’ve been able to bring him down before he got past the first line of defense. Terrible angle by Shanle. Lynch was running through a small crease and dude still whiffed on the tackle.

I still can't watch that without defaulting into a fetal position. Porter got cast into the Shadow Realm.

This play simply doesn't bother me like the Smith to Davis, Minnesota Miracle, and no call do. I was still on a high from the Super Bowl season the year prior.

It sucked then, but when networks and fans constantly re-air it today it doesn't trigger me like the former plays.

This play simply doesn't bother me like the Smith to Davis, Minnesota Miracle, and no call do. I was still on a high from the Super Bowl season the year prior.

It sucked then, but when networks and fans constantly re-air it today it doesn't trigger me like the former plays.

Yea this play wasn't as bad as the others. Honestly Beast Mode did his part to make the run spectacular as well.

There’s a reason why everyone on our defense was going for the ball on that play.

No one seems to remember that in our first game against the Seahawks that year in New Orleans, that our defense successfully stripped Marshawn Lynch twice in a span of 4 touches. The first fumble was forced by Harper on a 17 yard run and then we got #2 on the next drive by Shanle on a 2 yard reception.

There’s not a doubt in my mind that emphasis was placed on that series of events in the defensive meeting room for the entire week leading up to the game.

The interesting thing about that play was Lynch clinched the game with a first down and left the Saints in the game by going all the way. That is why after he made the first all the Saints’ tacklers went for the ball. I was yelling at the TV, let him score! Let him score!
The TD allowed the Saints to go down and score a TD then recover the onside kick and get to the Seattle 35 as time ran out on a flea flicker where Colston should have simply stepped out of bounds giving the Saints a Hail Mary opportunity.

The interesting thing about that play was Lynch clinched the game with a first down and left the Saints in the game by going all the way. That is why after he made the first all the Saints’ tacklers went for the ball. I was yelling at the TV, let him score! Let him score!
The TD allowed the Saints to go down and score a TD then recover the onside kick and get to the Seattle 35 as time ran out on a flea flicker where Colston should have simply stepped out of bounds giving the Saints a Hail Mary opportunity.
I think your memory is combining the 2010 Wildcard game and 2013 Divisional games against Seattle.

The play with Colston was from the 2013 game. We didn’t recover the onside at the end of the 2010 game, Seattle ran out the clock on us.

I think your memory is combining the 2010 Wildcard game and 2013 Divisional games against Seattle.

The play with Colston was from the 2013 game. We didn’t recover the onside at the end of the 2010 game, Seattle ran out the clock on us.
Ok. But the TD by Lynch still gave Saints chance. Whereas first down would have clinched it.

that season was lost when hartley missed the FG vs atl week 3 when we were playing catch up all year and had to go to a 7-9 team in the playoffs instead of a first round bye

that season was lost when hartley missed the FG vs atl week 3 when we were playing catch up all year and had to go to a 7-9 team in the playoffs instead of a first round bye
I remember we were playing "catch up" every since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom