Saints Tracy Porter... and the "Beastmode" play in 2010 (1 Viewer)

This play simply doesn't bother me like the Smith to Davis, Minnesota Miracle, and no call do. I was still on a high from the Super Bowl season the year prior.

It sucked then, but when networks and fans constantly re-air it today it doesn't trigger me like the former plays.

I agree. This was just a great player making a great play in a big spot. Obviously the tackling is atrocious here but you have to give Lynch credit. That's as hard as you'll ever see a RB run.

that season was lost when hartley missed the FG vs atl week 3 when we were playing catch up all year and had to go to a 7-9 team in the playoffs instead of a first round bye

That was an all-around weird season! So may good and bad huh? moments. Record wise it was an "up" year but it's kind of a forgotten season. I remember it mostly for being Reggie's last season and featuring Jimmy's breakout game. Oh yeah, and the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving.

Yall are forgetting that once he got the first down and especially into field goal range, everyone was going for the strip since they could just clock the Saints and kick a field goal and win. It was ball or nothing

Rewatch it (if you can stomach it) with this in mind - a tired, beat up, Saints team with a superior record had to travel to Seattle to play the game, then late in the game the powerful Lynch ground out a long run while Saints defenders tried in vain to swat the ball out of his arms like DC Gregg Williams had taught them. If you watch Lynch isn’t so much as plowing over Saints but running through a bunch of half rectum arm tackles. This run has been THE high point for Seahawks fans for the last DECADE (the Seahawks followed up beating the Saints by losing by double digits to the Bears the next week). And sadly It was a foreshadowing of the Saints dropping playoff games they should win.

that season was lost when hartley missed the FG vs atl week 3 when we were playing catch up all year and had to go to a 7-9 team in the playoffs instead of a first round bye
Not to mention that was the game where Drew possibly injured his knee and was never really the same the rest of the season.

I was there. Right behind the end zone he scored in . It was absolute pandemonium , honestly the loudest moment of my life and I've been to quite a few seahawk games. We actually did a great job defending our title that year. better than most @ 11-5. We just didn't get many things to break our way that year. Then came roaring back for 2011. Still my fav saints team of all time. That year was so fun.

Yep, Skittles was the better man on that play. Still cannot watch that, or MM. Makes me sick. The Rams missed call just makes me mad.

Is it just me, or does the NFL have a full-time, large-scale marketing team that is tasked with coming up with anti-Saints play names.

"Beast Mode"
"Miracle"

It seems like minutes after these plays occur, there are hats and t-shirts everywhere with the slogan and you hear nothing else 24-7 for decades.

Besides 28-3, I can't really think of other teams that get this kind of instant-slogan treatment.

Is it just me, or does the NFL have a full-time, large-scale marketing team that is tasked with coming up with anti-Saints play names.

"Beast Mode"
"Miracle"

It seems like minutes after these plays occur, there are hats and t-shirts everywhere with the slogan and you hear nothing else 24-7 for decades.

Besides 28-3, I can't really think of other teams that get this kind of instant-slogan treatment.
A very minor point, but I believe that you meant "Beast Quake" instead of "Beast Mode", which was already in place for Lynch's style of running at the time of the 2010 playoff game in Seattle.

The play was named Beast Quake because "movement from Seattle fans jumping in celebration was so intense that it registered on a seismograph 100 yards from the stadium". (quote from Wiki article)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom