Trade Alvin Kamara in Offseason (1 Viewer)

It’s always better to trade a running back a year early than a year late. He’s reaching that age where star backs fall off the planet. It’s not a slow decline either - it’s a steel reinforced brick wall.

The history of the league is littered with star running backs who went out with a whimper.

If he has value and you can make the cap work, you have to entertain getting some value for him this off-season.
This 👍

It’s always better to trade a running back a year early than a year late. He’s reaching that age where star backs fall off the planet. It’s not a slow decline either - it’s a steel reinforced brick wall.

The history of the league is littered with star running backs who went out with a whimper.

If he has value and you can make the cap work, you have to entertain getting some value for him this off-season.

Fact.

At this point he should just take the suspension so it doesn’t linger into next season but YOU DONT under any circumstances trade AK. I would draft a RB2 though

Can we just get his suspension over this year please? Lets start it next week. 🙏

Anyone else think it’s a great time to trade him? I wonder what compensation would look like. I know he’s on of my favorite players but we need to start stockpiling draft picks to rebuild this team. I feel like if we wait too long we won’t get anything for him.

Who else do you think we can get compensation for (that you wouldn’t build around)?

I’d definitely keep Olave.
I said the exact same thing today. He is one of the few players who still has trade value. Not to mention he is getting ready to head into the downside of his career.

Anyone else think it’s a great time to trade him? I wonder what compensation would look like. I know he’s on of my favorite players but we need to start stockpiling draft picks to rebuild this team. I feel like if we wait too long we won’t get anything for him.

Who else do you think we can get compensation for (that you wouldn’t build around)?

I’d definitely keep Olave.
You people always want to trade players when they are playing their worst and have the least trade value.

Fumblitice isn't the reason we don't consider a trade offer?

For me this a sign he is playing injured or he is just feeling to comfortable, like the coaches son on a little league team... very doubtful he goes anywhere

This, although I’ve always thought that AK should be moved to WR to prolong his career. He’s a playmaker with the hands and build to play WR. I’d give that a run provided it’s at a reasonable contract price.

I think we are at the point where anyone not on a reasonable deal or rookie controlled deal should be converted into draft assets, or dealt for controllable (contracts) youth. I look forward to the day our cap situation isn’t an albatross.

Didn't all of our backs, even Hill average like 2 yards a Carry??? The fumbles are unfortunate but it's not like other players lit it up.

And what do we do with that draft pick? We now have to pick another RB...we're creating holes putting us in a deeper hole to acquire mystery putty to patch up the hole...what if the mystery putty turns out to be bubble gum.
Gibbs, Archane. There are plenty of serviceable rookies for the rebuild. Next year is going to be far worse from an age and talent perspective, may as well stockpile picks in an attempt to get the QB early ‘24 draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom