Trade Back (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know sumwhere on here it was said I'm in agreement. Since we don't hv a 2nd Rd pk I say we trade down 4rm #15 & pk up a 2nd rounder. There is alot of talent 2 be had in this draft. I wouldn't mind us with these players(Def only)

Sheldon Richardson
Mingo(if he lasts dat long)
John Jenkins
Bacari Rambo
Eric Reid
Desmond Trufant
Leon McFadden

I know sumwhere on here it was said I'm in agreement. Since we don't hv a 2nd Rd pk I say we trade down 4rm #15 & pk up a 2nd rounder. There is alot of talent 2 be had in this draft. I wouldn't mind us with these players(Def only)

Sheldon Richardson
John Jenkins
Bacari Rambo
Eric Reid
Desmond Trufant
Leon McFadden

#1. I sorta agree with trading down, but we shall see.

#2. Learn to type better and structure your sentences.

All of those players in one draft would be unbelievable. If we were able to get more than one without a trade back or more than 2 with a trade back it would be a pretty good draft.

Sheldon Richardson
John Jenkins
Bacari Rambo
Eric Reid
Desmond Trufant
Leon McFadden

Pass on that.

There will be a cant miss guy at #15.

Bank on it! :9:

All of those players in one draft would be unbelievable. If we were able to get more than one without a trade back or more than 2 with a trade back it would be a pretty good draft.

Yeah aside from Leon Washington who's projected to go between the 4th and 5th round the rest of these guys are all top 50 ranked talent.

Mingo and Richardson will go top 15 as far as I'm concerned with Richardson possibly lasting a few picks later.

But you could probably land 3 of the rest by trading back a few times and maybe 4 if you gave up next years second and third round picks.

Not something I'd advocate doing though, well at least not to draft 3 maybe 4 DB's in the one class.

At number 15 we will have a chance on a dominate pass rusher and unless we are only moving a couple of spots I say stay where we are.

Draft picks have had a major increase in value ever since rookie contracts have been fixed in the new CBA.

If we were to trade #15 to the end of the first round we would likely also aquire a 2nd and a 4th at the very least. The 4th would probably be a future draft pick though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bush Sed Jenkins

Bush goes without saying.

But I take issue with Ellis being touted as a can't miss guy. 2008 wasn't a great year for D linemen with the can't miss guy obviously being Chris Long but over and above that Sed was arguably the next best player on the board but if you take a look at guys drafted that year no one aside from Long made a splash in the league. It was a weak class that heralded more busts than I can remember.

When We drafted Jenkins the projected "can't miss guys" that where still on the board where Cushing, Mathews and Harvin. James Laurinaitis was touted to have a far bigger upside than Jenkins and labelled a can't miss by many and ended up sliding into the second round.

Bush goes without saying.

But I take issue with Ellis being touted as a can't miss guy. 2008 wasn't a great year for D linemen with the can't miss guy obviously being Chris Long but over and above that Sed was arguably the next best player on the board but if you take a look at guys drafted that year no one aside from Long made a splash in the league. It was a weak class that heralded more busts than I can remember.

When We drafted Jenkins the projected "can't miss guys" that where still on the board where Cushing, Mathews and Harvin. James Laurinaitis was touted to have a far bigger upside than Jenkins and labelled a can't miss by many and ended up sliding into the second round.

We missed. Jenkins was labeled a cant miss DB pro bowler. Ellis and Dorsey flip flopped about being the best dlineman to enter the draft in years. And ya, that draft class wasnt amazing but it was certainly good.

We missed.

We missed. Jenkins was labeled a cant miss DB pro bowler. Ellis and Dorsey flip flopped about being the best dlineman to enter the draft in years. And ya, that draft class wasnt amazing but it was certainly good.

We missed.

Overall a decent class, just not for D-linemen.

As much as Jenkins got pre draft hype many "experts" also questioned the hype and pointed out his flaws which where no more evident than this year.

No to trading, I want either Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones and they will not be there. We can pick someone up in FA that will make up for our lost 2nd rounder this year, imo. I was also thinking of trading down a while back, but this team has average talent on defense now, that's what's wrong with us. We need a hungry, pass-rushing, play-maker that will annihilate opposing teams and get everyone else on defense hyped up. We don't have that right now, DB does the offense, we need someone for defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom