Trade bait to move up (1 Viewer)

So instead of being a STUPID what do you think they would take. When someone post an hypothetical question like this if you disagree then tell me what you think it would take to move up or you don't think they should or something relatively intelligent not a happymeal comment and slurpee. My 9 year old son would say something like that. If you think its just a stupid question then just move on and don't respond. Grow up boss unless you are 12 years old then i will give you a pass.

Here it is in numbers:

Value of # 5 pick, according to chart: 1700 points
Value of #10 pick, according to chart: 1300 points
Draft slot equivalent to 400 points: 50 (mid-2nd).

Do you think anyone, anywhere would trade a 2nd-rounder for Stinchcomb?

Some people disagree and don't offer their suggestions on what it will take to get the deal done because it's almost a certainty that a deal between the Saints and Chiefs will not get done; trading out of the top-5 is pretty rare and the Chiefs are going to get an impact player there. Even if Jake Long is gone and they're not ready to jump on Clady, they could take a DT if Dorsey and Ellis are still on the board.

That being said, it's not absurd to speculate on it; you never know. But, yes, it would take more than Stinch to move up.

Here's a trade value chart:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html

More then likely a 1st and a 3rd could get us in position to get one of the DT's. So we'll see what happens. I don't think trading all the way to 5 is necessary. Theres noway they both go top 5 IMO.

bill_kuharich.jpg

Best response to a response.... ever.

Here it is in numbers:

Value of # 5 pick, according to chart: 1700 points
Value of #10 pick, according to chart: 1300 points
Draft slot equivalent to 400 points: 50 (mid-2nd).

Do you think anyone, anywhere would trade a 2nd-rounder for Stinchcomb?

Some people disagree and don't offer their suggestions on what it will take to get the deal done because it's almost a certainty that a deal between the Saints and Chiefs will not get done; trading out of the top-5 is pretty rare and the Chiefs are going to get an impact player there. Even if Jake Long is gone and they're not ready to jump on Clady, they could take a DT if Dorsey and Ellis are still on the board.

That being said, it's not absurd to speculate on it; you never know. But, yes, it would take more than Stinch to move up.

Here's a trade value chart:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html

Thanks! Thats what i wanted. Some people don't like to speculate but lets face it unless you are on the inside and an NFL personel guru we are all just speculating and making perdictions or hoping that we make a superbowl winner and guessing what it will take to do it. I just want intelligent conversation and responses. btw we spent a 2nd round on him before he started a single game in the NFL. Now he is an 2 season NFL Starter that may not be a probowler but he is young and still getting better. Any NFL Tackle that they might pick in the second round is still a question mark. So to say that a team wouldn't give more than a 4th is speculation also. The need 2 tackles and if the do the trade they can get 2 starting tackles in the first round.

A simple gauge i go by.

Thanks! Thats what i wanted. Some people don't like to speculate but lets face it unless you are on the inside and an NFL personel guru we are all just speculating and making perdictions or hoping that we make a superbowl winner and guessing what it will take to do it. I just want intelligent conversation and responses. btw we spent a 2nd round on him before he started a single game in the NFL. Now he is an 2 season NFL Starter that may not be a probowler but he is young and still getting better. Any NFL Tackle that they might pick in the second round is still a question mark. So to say that a team wouldn't give more than a 4th is speculation also. The need 2 tackles and if the do the trade they can get 2 starting tackles in the first round.

When we drafted J. Brown, we gave our 3rd pick just move from 16 to 13 so that should tell you something right there. That is just in the middle of the draft. Of course the stakes go up the higher in the draft. Pretty much anything in side the top 10 u are going to have to give up multiple picks unless you are right outside the 10th pick. Of course that is unless you are throwing in players as well.

One thing to consider, though, is that if they want an OT and Long is gone and they don't feel like Clady is worth it, they can always take an OT in the 2nd. Guys like Sam Baker, Gosder Cherilus, Chris Williams and Carl Nicks are late-1st round prospects, but could slide due to the depth at the position. A wild card: Brandon Albert from Virginia. He's a 6'7 guard; teams are definitely going to give him a look at OT. They may end up just taking Clady, if he works out well at the Combine and Pro Day. Maybe they'd rather go DT; their run D was awful last year, despite having one of the league's most talented LB trios and superb DEs; that puts the blame square on DT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom