Trade Chart Confusion: Teams Wanting to Move Up Using New Chart (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
ProFootballTalk.com - Rumor Mill

As if this draft needed even more unpredictability. PFT's opinion is that the new chart will make for little change because of arguments about which chart to use. Bottom line is, none us will truly know what any pick is worth until draft day.

By the way, has anyone ever heard of any sporting event, which I will call the NFL Draft, being more analyzed than the one set for this month?

Last edited:
It all depends on how bad the team trading DOWN wants to get picks and move back. If Miami really wants to move back and pick up more picks, they will use whatever logic they want.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami moves back for some picks less than the trade value chart would stipulate.

It all depends on how bad the team trading DOWN wants to get picks and move back. If Miami really wants to move back and pick up more picks, they will use whatever logic they want.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami moves back for some picks less than the trade value chart would stipulate.

Yeh, I had this discussion a while back. With some teams hating their spot in the upper Top-10 picks, I wonder if we'd ever see a team like the Dolphins (this year) trade down to say 9 or 10 for next to nothing like a fifth-round pick. Despite the negative backlash they'd get from the fans (which would probably be the biggest reason against), at least they'd pick where they want to pick, not have to reach for a need and save tons of dough and cap space.

Yeh, I had this discussion a while back. With some teams hating their spot in the upper Top-10 picks, I wonder if we'd ever see a team like the Dolphins (this year) trade down to say 9 or 10 for next to nothing like a fifth-round pick. Despite the negative backlash they'd get from the fans (which would probably be the biggest reason against), at least they'd pick where they want to pick, not have to reach for a need and save tons of dough and cap space.

I don't think they would do it for a 5th, but I could see them moving back several picks for only a second or maybe two seconds. The problem with the first pick is that it's hard to come up with enough points to get it if you are more than one or two slots back. And most teams don't want to give up that much (unless they are run by Mike Ditka).

If Miami gave say, the Chiefs the 1st pick for their 2nd and 4th pick, they would be way under value, but I would think they would be VERY happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they give it to Atlanta for just one later second pick. I could also see them trading back again and again for several 2nd and 3rd picks and ending up with a ton of picks. That's how you build a franchise.

That chart was stupid when it came out. 15 years later it is completely irrelevant. For instance, the compensation that you have to pay to top five and top ten players affects the "points" that the selection used to be worth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom